Missing Click sounds with Digital output (1 Viewer)

NewUser

Portal Pro
January 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Does anyone know how to overcome the annoying issue with digital output? It seems recievers takes (around 1 second) to determine the details of the source signal. What this means is that the (first) click within media portal cannot be heard.

Is there a fix for this in media portal? Or does every digital audio users just deal with it?

Thanks

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some receivers are faster than others, some soundcards / drivers do "fallback" fro, DD/DTS, etc. This is really an "issue" were MediaPortal isn't involved at all...

Sorry, it can't just fix your coffee machine to run out of water ;)

NewUser

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was thinking along the lines of always turning the receiver on by sending a noiseless sound (stereo sound). So when a click comes thru, the click is played?

I know it isn't a media portal specific problem just thinking if it could be solved by a workaround :D

e.g. make the coffe machine be connected to the water supply so that it can refill itself with water :D

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2 things you can try:
    1. check if your soundcard can work with AC3 (permanent stream>)
    2. consider that sounds like clicks are in mono. So if you have no center speaker in some cases you will hear stereo but not the center where the click comes.
    3. try to config hdmi sound to test it working in stereo.

NewUser

Portal Pro
    January 8, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1.)how do i do 1?
    2.)the clicks are in stereo, its that first click that goes missing others afterwards plays fine.

Domarkas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok for 2.
    1. you have to check Audio chip driver and first look if it can. its a question of what manufacturer. in most cases its not AC3 just PCM: check the manual of sound.
    Sorry more I cant help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom