[solved] Missing MCE maping in HID config (1 Viewer)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

Noticed that MCE IR is deprecated in favor of the new HID solution starting 1.12 however missing at least one mapping, noticed it for for "Guide".

Microsoft MCE:

mce_guide.png

While in HID that one isn't listed:

HID_guide_missing.png

@Stéphane Lenclud It also looks like there are more options in the Microsoft MCE solution but could be that those are now moved to other areas so not 100% sure.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think what you are looking for is ConsumerControl / MediaSelectProgramGuide.

It's just that it is a generic HID usage rather than MCE specific.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    upload_2015-8-7_8-21-4.png

@Stéphane Lenclud It also looks like there are more options in the Microsoft MCE solution but could be that those are now moved to other areas so not 100% sure.

It could be that they are missing from the UI setup because no action is associated with them. If you are missing a button just ask you could fix it by editing the XML. Maybe I should add empty entries for the most common buttons so that people can program them from the setup without having to resort to XML editing.
    I'm glad someone is testing the UI :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Think for most users it will be fine, the difference in naming and sections threw me off at first but once you get used to it its actually quite nice.
    Used DS4Windows with MePo profile before but now that isn't needed because of the XB360 input option :D

Its a power user feature but having them edit XML files does a have higher chance of corrupting it so maybe some validation or revert from backup XML just in case.
    Some empty editable mappings might be better under a new section called "Custom mappings" perhaps as that way you always know the user input is gonna be valid :)

Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom