Missing Movies? (1 Viewer)

Jeomite

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It seems I am missing movies in Moving Pictures; I didn't notice it until recently. All my movie files are stored on either drive letter R: or S:. Moving Pictures accurately sees 99% of them, but I noticed it missed/skipped-over a few... I tried running the config for Moving Pictures and that too did not list the "missing" movies. I didn't noticed it before because I have a large catalog of movies, but one night I wanted to watch a specific movie and didn't see it on the list.

Examples are:
Dawn.Of.The.Dead.UNRATED.DC.DVDRip.XviD-JEO
Kill.Bill.Vol.2.BDRip.XviD.AC3-Z0N3

Neither of them show up on Moving Pictures, the config, or anywhere.
The video files playback just fine in Windows Explorer/Windows Media Player.

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated!

P.S. Moving Pictures rocks!

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
What are the file extensions? Moving Pictures will only pickup file extensions that are listed as valid video file types in the main MediaPortal config under the Videos section. The most likely cause I think is that these files are slightly unusual file types that MediaPortal just doesn't know to pick up.

If they are picked up by MyVideo but not my Moving Pictures there might be a problem though.

Jeomite

Portal Member
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Thank you for the quick response!

They are AVI files, just like my other movies. I just installed the latest version, and tried "un-ignoring all files" (maybe I ignored the files by accident?) and no luck.

It's so unusual...

KeKs0r

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
i have the same problem,

i think i have "lost" them when i wanted to rescan them and aborted it.

And some others have never been there.... i dont know how to report on this problem that i can help finding the bug behind it .......

marc

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It could be that the movies are added as a different movie in the movie list?
    If you want to help you can send me your movingpictures database and i will explore it to see if i can find the unlisted movies in there. It might help in finding the cause.

Jeomite

Portal Member
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Since I updated to 0.6.1 yesterday, the movies showed up. It's hard to tell if all of "missing" ones showed up, but I noticed Dawn of the Dead is on Moving Pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom