1.12.0 missing support of new powermanagement features lead to crashed client (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have bought a new living room client.
    A Pipo X8. This is a windows tablet in a small desktop box.
    PiPo x8
    This device does not support the legacy windows powermanagement states (No S3, No S4)
    Only "Windows connected Standby". Even switching this of in the registry does not bring back the legacy ones.

Now, when I press Suspend in the MePo GUI the PC is somehow shutting down and I have to unplug the power to bring it up again.

I have started MePO with the watchdog, pressed suspend and have collected all logs with the watchdog after I have started it again.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know, Connected Standby is not supported by MediaPortal - and definitively not by PS. Therefore problems are to be expected on systems using Connected Standby: Neither is MP aware of a system entering or leaving Connected Standby nor does such a system support the legacy standby modes and - this is my assumtion - is just going to S5 when MP is trying to let it sleep. The bad thing is that you cannot deactivate Connected Standby - either a system is built to use it or not. See here for more information: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn481216(v=vs.85).aspx
    Michael

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As far as I know, Connected Standby is not supported by MediaPortal - and definitively not by PS.
    This is exactly what I'm seeing here ;-)
    Is there a chance that a MP 1 dev adds this funktionality or should I send back the device as long it is possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom