Missing Text in Menues in every skin (1 Viewer)

Allphredt

Portal Member
July 25, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi folks!

After messing around with some skins (some incompatible to MP 1.3 :whistle:) some of the menu buttontexts are missing, see attached screenshots. SettingsSkin.jpg Settings3.jpg Settings2.jpg
The function of the buttons is fully given, only the text is missing. They are missing in every skin i try, so it has nothing to do with Titan. Can anybody tell me how to get the text back?
Thanks a lot in advance!

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Allphredt,

Try deleting the cache from C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache, then reboot the PC and try again. If that doesn't help, logs might be useful.

Last edited:

Allphredt

Portal Member
    July 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi HomeY, thanks for your answer.
    Deleting the cache doesn´t solve the problem. Please take a look at the attached logs.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Right, those logs help :)
    You're error.log is full of missing translations, which results in empty fields in GUI, although i'm not sure why this happens.
    This is also weird:
    Code:
    2013-05-25 15:20:30.839541 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Main: Skin is DefaultWide using theme Skin default
    but your screenshots show Titan as skin?
    What you could try is copy the attached strings_de.xml to the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Language folder, clear cache again and start MP.

Attachments

• strings_de.xml
      119.2 KB

Allphredt

Portal Member
    July 25, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HomeY, your "strings_de.xml" was the solution! (y)

I guess, it was overwritten by one from an old skin. The old one has a size of 95 kb, the new one 120 kb.
    Should not have tried older, incompatible skins... :rolleyes:

The reason why defaultwide is displayed is because in Debug-Mode the skin changes to defaultwide automatically.

Many thanks for your help! Thread can be closed now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom