Missing thumbs in root folders (1 Viewer)

jabnet

Portal Pro
December 16, 2005
Spain
I have 0.2.3.0 version, and when I assign a folder in my videos which is in root of the HDD (ej. G:\videos\) the thumb folder.jpg is missing in icon view (small or big) for this folder, however if there are another folder into this (ej G:\videos\films\) the folder.jpg file works with the second folder...

Anyone else with this issue?

funkychicken

Portal Member
November 10, 2006
Yes,
I have the same issue since 0.2.3.0.

If you put the list of video into "List View" you can see the folder.jpg is rendered correctly as a small image. This issue occurs when the view is set to something Like icon.

this issue is not specific to the root folder of a hard disk, but the root folder of the video share.

i.e
If the movie share within MP with a name "Children" and point to the location c:\children\. The folder.jpg will not be displayed in icon view for the image stored in c:\children\.

However, if you have subfolder under c:\children (i.e. c:\children\disney\), the folder.jpg placed in c:\children\disney will be rendered correctly in Icon view.

At all times, setting the view type to "List"" correctly displays the folder.jpg.

This bug did not occur in version < 0.2.3.0 but I am not 100% sure which SVN broke folder.jpg's.

fallingdown

Portal Member
October 26, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
phew, so its not just me then...i thought it was some config i did...

i have a nas and normally create a movie folder and then burn a movie within it. more often then not that gives me a subfolder of the movie. most recent movies have an understandable name for the subfolder but a lot of older dvd's would have it called 01 or something else. since i use a number of players like tvix, this was the easiest way to compromise, however its doesnt work with mp...it used to , just not now.

i will try and copy the video/audio ts folders up one level and see what happens. i suspect that will work, but considering i have 350 movies on the nas, its a right pain in the you know whats...

fallingdown

Portal Member
October 26, 2006
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
well i had a peculiar set of issues. i ran scan twice and it started to work with a bunch of them....

i moved all the .TS directories into each movie top directory and it worked a treat...a right pain with 300 + movies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom