Missing TV-Server Configuration (1 Viewer)

Ubershopper

January 12, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi,

I'm scratching my head on this one... I am running Win7 64 bit OS and have been using MediaPortal TV Backend 1.2.? (I think it was 1.2.3) and XBMC v12 (FRODO) RC2 with TV being fed via an antenna and tuned with an hauppauge 2250 dual ATSC tuner card for the last couple weeks. It was configured to pull guide info from the free legacy Microsoft service if I recall correctly. Backend and XBMC are running on the same box. All was going well. I was able to watch live TV and view guide listings.

A couple days ago, the TV guide listings all indicated no data and XBMC would lock up as soon as I hovered over the Timeline TV guide option. Further, I began getting XBMC errors indicating that it lost connection with the Mediaportal TV backend. After triple checking that no settings had been changed in either MediaPortal or XBMC I tried the following:

Steps Taken:
I used the TV Server Configuration and had it run a channel scan to confirm it was still picking up TV channel signals. This was a redundant check, as I was still able to watch Live TV in XBMC using the MediaPortal backend, as long as I didnt try to access the guide.
I uninstalled both MediaPortal (Full uninstall) and XBMC, and made fresh downloads of the installers. I installed the latest XBMC 12 RC3 and MediaPortal 1.3 Beta. Here is where my confusion starts. Regardless of whether I choose 1 click install or advanced, there is no TV-Server Configuration app installed...! To be specific, in the Windows -->All Programs --> Team Mediaportal --> MediaPortal folder, there is no TV-Server Config option... I also verified by going to the default install folder and noted that while the install is there, there is no TV-Server.exe

Thinking the 1.3 beta might only be an update of the frontend, I did another full uninstall, deleted all previous downloaded installers and did a fresh download of 1.2.3 Same result! No TV-Server confirguration or .exe

I have uninstalled again and rebooted, reinstalled and used advanced to ensure there isnt some de-selected option. I DID NOT use the "only download required files," to avoid a problem there. I have also repeated and installed using the Yes option for using MediaPortal to watch TV, but, as expected, did not find any change.

I attempted to search for a solution but came up empty which leads me to believe it must be something on my end, but I'm out of ideas.

Ubershopper

Vasilich

Portal Pro
August 30, 2009
Germany, Mayence
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
What exactly have you installed? You need to install TV Server, not MediaPortal itself.
BTW, You should have "TV Server Configuration" shortcut in Windows -->All Programs --> Team Mediaportal --> MediaPortal TV Server
if you don't plan to use MP as client for TV Server, then second option, "Dedicated TV Server" here http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...llation/1_Deploy_Tool/2_Advanced_Installation is the right one for you

Ubershopper

January 12, 2013
Home Country
Canada Canada
Okay,

Figured out what I did wrong. I misunderstood the installation option "will you be using media portal to watch tv." I understood that to mean will I use mediaportal,or will I use some other app. The correct interpretation is will I be using mediaportal to watch (serve) tv at all. I was checking no, as I am using XBMC to watch the tv.. Of course, the this disabled the tvserver component installation.

Thanks for your reply though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom