Mistake Tv not launch (1 Viewer)

jackandbrin

December 8, 2016
Home Country
France France
Hello,

i have just explore MediaPortal for the first time. I had install it on a laptop (client an server install) to use on a 40' monitor.
I've configure the server tv with the tv card (i've a hauppage double tuner usb key), the scan for the channel work and scan all channels an i have in france.
But when i try yo test the channel it look not work (La référene d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet).

When i am in mediaportal configuration (not tv serveur configuration), the client is successful connected to the tv server)

I don't really understand all the soft, so i ask you for help (and my english is not perfect, so sorry to my errors in writing and in understanding).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome!

and my english is not perfect,.
    Language is no problem, but you may find it intersting that there is also a French section.

With respect to your Mediaportal installation, it appears that you installed MP 1.15, however, there is a file Client_gentle.config, which refers to the MP2 Server:

<DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="Data Source=C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db;Pooling=true;FailIfMissing=true;Version=3" />
    Did you by chance install MP2 in parallel?

There is no standard gentle.config, which I would expect to see for MP 1. The above client connection refers to a MP 2 installation. I am not sure if the gentle config files have the same name in both MP versions. If they do the the connection string needs to point to the correct database - and any MP2 TVServer service must be stopped (and deactivated or it will start again with Windows next time)!

You can certainly repair this mix-up but it might be easier to just start from scratch by removing both MP1 and MP2 completely and reinstall MP1 again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom