[solved] Mixed artist pictures (2 Viewers)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FH does not separate artists and is always looking for the maximum possible options. That is, if both fields are filled, then FH will search for both pairs of pictures.
    • Artist - Album
    • AlbumArtist - Album

Ie Artist1|ArtistN|AlbumArtist1|AlbumArtistN - Album name ... If all found should return 4 thumbs for Album...

Could you please remove the "Artist - Album" search for album thumbs?
    It makes the search imprecise and blows up the database on mixed artist albums. To each track two album thumbs are stored:
    1588752299200.png

Or if you could at least add a setting for this, please, please? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Could you please remove the "Artist - Album" search for album thumbs?
    Sorry, but No :cautious: This is a single concept, to change it you need to completely redo the plugin. Yes, I like it, and it doesn’t bother me, maybe it takes up a little more space. But since I have all the pictures for all computers in a single place on the network, then this does not bother me. :whistle::coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    If I’m not mistaken, then by default the MP searches for the Artist - Album pair, in some viewing modes the MP searches for the Album Artist - Album pair, then everything depends on the skin, and in most cases the thumbs is shown on the Artist - Album pair. :coffee:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    But the wrong search results are major
    These are the minimum possible losses, which provide the maximum possible functionality and automation.
    Replacing the MBID for this pair in the FH configurator with <none> may help (But there is no certainty, or manually change the picture) :) ... Or it’s reconciled ... I do not see other options. Sorry. :coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for you reply.
    It's difficult for me to understand that this change would mean a complete plugin redo. But you know the plugin better than me. :)

There's no embedded cover in these files. But I just see that long time ago an unwanted Folder.jpg was added to the parent folder of the track:
    1588754648031.png

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ive removed all image files from the track folders now.
    The wrong search result mentioned above has been fixed. (y)
    I'll keep on testing.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    No, there's no embedded cover in these files. But I just see that long time ago an unwanted Folder.jpg was added to the parent folder of the track
    It either was, or created MP. If I were you, I would try to embed the image in the tracks, and would replace this image with a more correct one. And he scanned the music database in MP for sure, maybe it would help. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom