[solved] Mixed artist pictures (2 Viewers)

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, I'll try, thanks!
    You're right, if some of ten Fanarts are disabled new Fanarts get downloaded. (y)

But I found another bug:
    I disabled five of ten Fanarts which were imported from local source.
    The result is that for the disabled Fanarts duplicate database entries were created and the new entries were enabled again.
    Example 1:
    1585595059433.png

Example 2:
    1585595096037.png

The database entries point to the same file each.
    Can you insert a check if a Fanart file path already exists in the database before a new online Fanart with the same file path gets imported?

When I do the same with only online imported Fanarts, there's no issue.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The database entries point to the same file each.
    Disabled fanarts They do not get checked for duplicates ... And because these are local fanarts, they don’t get checked by the online source ...
    I need to think about how this can be fixed ... If you include them in the check for duplicates, then most likely if this fanart is replaced by a new one, it will automatically become enabled. So the engine is built and it will not work to redo it without big labor costs. But if he is not replaced, then he will remain in disabled.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Can you insert a check if a Fanart file path already exists in the database before a new online Fanart with the same file path gets imported?
    FH check already exists files by online source path ...

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for explaining!

How to avoid database inconsistencies like this?
    1585595059433.png

Two records point to the same file name.
    If the user deletes one of the two records via the FH config GUI, the file gets deleted and the second entry remains. Then, if FH wants to open this Fanart the file is missing.

Can you add a check if the full path of a new file already exists in the database to this function?
    [DatabaseManager]: Importing fanart into FanartHandler database (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Thumbs\Skin FanArt\Scraper\filename.jpg).

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The duplication reduction feature works brilliiant, It's really nice to see that duplicate Fanarts are no longer downloaded and that existing Fanarts get replaced by similiar high quality Fanarts! (y)
    I really appreciate your efforts!

I spent some time to evaluate and test this new feature.
    With the sensitivity values 20 for color and 40 % for content difference I had the lowest false detections and the best duplication reduction. I'd suggest to set them as default for the best out of the box user experience.

And I'd suggest the following text to make the settings more understandable to the users.

Duplication options
    Check Fanarts for duplication Replace existing Fanarts by duplicates with more file size

Sensitivity
    (low values = less false detections, high values = less duplicates)
    Allowed color coding difference to existing Fanarts (values 0 - 255) - default is 20
    Content difference to existing Fanarts in % when new Fanarts are not stored - default is 40 %

Exceptions options
    Don't download Fanarts for Various Arists

@ajs Are you interested in integrating these option descriptions?
    The two values (20 and 40 %) have been working very well during my long-term tests.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Are you interested in integrating these option descriptions?
    I partially corrected the descriptions in the configurator. The new version is available in the repository. I can add a full description to read me, or somewhere here in the forum. But I do not know in what form and whether it is necessary.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I made a post and fixed it, if you think something needs to be added, fixed, added screenshots, etc. You can do it. :):whistle::coffee:

horned_reaper

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 7, 2011
    Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have any idea how to get rid of the database inconsistencies when a local Fanart picture is replaced by a picture with higher quality?

1586807146407.png

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Do you have any idea how to get rid of the database inconsistencies when a local Fanart picture is replaced by a picture with higher quality?
    This is some other case, when downloading a picture, if it should replace an existing one, it is deleted along with the record in the database. Then a new picture is imported into the database. Why it happened, we must think ... So far I have no ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom