Mixing Cable card tuners (1 Viewer)

Firemogle

Portal Pro
August 14, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I had been using a Ceton Eth6 tuner for some time and wanted to try the HD homerun prime and switched over a few months ago. The only problem I had with the prime is it had 3 tuners and I occasionally needed 4-5, so I figured adding the Ceton back in as an overflow would fix this.

I found that with the ceton plugged in and setup, the HD homerun prime tuners would not tune and give unknown errors, the ceton would tune, but just show a black signal (It may be configured wrong, stopped testing when the HD went down) The question I have is, is a mix-match system like this possible? If it should be I will reconnect the ceton and get some logs. If it is not possible, would adding another HD homerun prime work?

Thanks,

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi! :)

The question I have is, is a mix-match system like this possible?
    It's not only possible; it should "just work". Therefore your report surprises me. Please do provide the log files.

I'd also be interested to hear about what prompted you to try HDHR instead of Ceton, and whether you've tried the new'ish patch that may help with CableCARD tuner stability.

Warm regards,
    mm

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    I have not used that new'ish patch so I'll try that out this weekend, and also get some log files going on this one.

Thanks again!

Firemogle

Portal Pro
    August 14, 2010
    Home Country
    Sorry for the lack of reply I got busy;

I think this may have been just a coincidental issue when I tested it some more. My Ceton tuner didn't get paired right so that explains that portion, and my HDHR I think is an issue with rebooting it and the service which caused some issues. I am going to try to get it cleared up this weekend and report back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom