MKV audio/subtitle help (1 Viewer)

meowN

January 20, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have a particular MKV video file that has multiple audio streams, and many subtitle tracks. It seems the default on the file is to have commentary on, as well as some random subtitle language.

Using a player such as VLC, it's easy to just go up to the menu and change the audio/sub track, but I'm finding myself a bit stuck on how to do this within MP.

I know it works fine going to the menu on dvds, but I can't seem to get a similar menu to pop up for this mkv file.

Any help or tips appriciated :)

meowN

January 20, 2009
Home Country
I've been trying to figure it out for some time now, and am still stuck. Is there any way i can access or use a plug-in to add a menu to choose the audio/subtitle track for my .mkv files?

micko

Portal Pro
May 27, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I don't know how to add that menu, but could you use green (=audio) and yellow (=subtitle) buttons on your remote? These should work at fullscreen mode at least.

If you are using Haali Media Splitter you can also set language priorities for audio and subtitle. There is also setting for language pairs. After struggling a while with that I don't have to switch languages manually anymore :)
(Oh, I'm lying! There was one French spoken film with many subtitle tracks... I didn't set language pair for that. I fixed it, and all French films have Finnish subtitles from now on ;))

meowN

January 20, 2009
Home Country
I found that Haali Media Splitter was the key I was missing. It took me a while to actually figure it all out, but thats what solved it. Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom