MKV Blu ray rips AVC error (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

Ive been having this issue with playing MKV reps of blu ray using MP on 1.5 and now 1.6 with moving pictures plugin.

I rip my blu ray as 'mkv remux'. I setup MP 1.5 etc with LAV filters, everything used to work fine, playback and DTS worked fine...until 1 day it stopped and now comes up with this error saying 'codec:AVC' unable to play. The same thing happened on my client PC.

I have looked through the forums with no joy. I have LAV audio filters set to decode AC3, DTS...etc setup as per MP guide.

Like i said before, a fresh install of MP, then setting up LAV everything used to work, now it doesnt with blu ray rips.

I have reinstalled MP numerous times, updated all my drivers, rolled back to earlier software drivers and MP versions and no luck. Im wondering whether my clients updated something which has caused this issue.

Im running an Nvidia GTX650 GPU, using latest drivers, set to 5.1 output windows 7 with standard LAV filters that come with MP. I have installed MP 1.6, Titan theme, moving pictures plugin.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    It's the video decode that's the problem (AVC = H.264)

Check the Video decoder settings and attach logs for more help....

xppx

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    It is not a video decode issue.

I got the problem too as of MP v1.6.

You get the error each time you play your 2nd video. You produce the error by playing a video (doesn't matter which video type), close it (B) and then start another (doesn't matter which video type).
    Annoying Workaround: If you close mediaportal and start it up again the problem is gone ... until you play a 2nd video.

This issue popped up after I upgraded to MP v1.6. Never saw this before and I'm using MediaPortal for over 6 years now.

Perhaps note of interest: during the upgrade of MP I had to deselect the LAV filters. Although they were already installed, upgraded to the latest version via the mediaportal extensions manager and are working just fine, the installation would not recognize that they are installed and fail the installation procedure on it.

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    No mine isn't as of 1.6. Mine just doesn't work full stop when ripped blu ray in MKV remux

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom