h.264 Video Codec: LAV Filters
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply: Antec EarthWatts EA380D
Remote:
TV: Bush HDTV
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

If I play a stereo FLAC audio file in the Music player, it works fine. However, when I play an MKV file with stereo FLAC audio, I get no sound. I have LAV Filters and ffdshow installed, as well as MadFLAC. I've tried setting FLAC to "disabled" and "libavcodec" but it makes no difference. I can't see any option in MediaPortal Configuration for FLAC specifically so I don't know what else to try.

Am I missing something here?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have some home-made MPEG2+FLAC MKV files, which I know play OK in MP using Haali splitter+FFDShow audio - not sure I've tried playing them with LAV splitter yet.

Try playing one of the files in GraphStudio and see what filters it puts in the graph - should give you some clues....

Tony

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    I can't get FLAC tracks to work in MediaPortal using Haali splitter (v1.13.356.20) and LAV splitter (v0.59.1). There is no audio.

It works in Media Player Classic, but not in MediaPortal (v 1.5.0).

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    You might get more help if you attached some logs - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs - and added your system specs.....

Ok I uploaded a log file:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9vk3skrx6zx90y8/MediaPortal.log

You can see I was playing "sample_mkv_with_flac_audio.mkv" which has a FLAC track, but there's no audio in MediaPortal (outside of MediaPortal it plays ok). The AC3 track is fine. Likewise with "sample_mkv_with_aac_audio.mkv", AAC track is silent but it's works outside of MediaPortal.

System spec: Windows 8.1 Pro, Asus P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i7 3770K CPU, 16GB RAM, HDMI connection from Radeon HD 6800 video card to stereo receiver.

trying to check how MP builds graph for those files? Use GraphStudioNext for it

Sorry I'm new to graphs. Is there a tutorial on understanding how to use them and what they mean?

Other info: I use CCCP which has been an easy way to get codecs to work in Windows 7/8. The utilities included (Haali splitter, LAV splitter) work fine by themselves but have problem with MediaPortal. I guess FFDShow may work but I have trouble doing so.

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you can attach a short sample file?

Sorry I'm new to graphs. Is there a tutorial on understanding how to use them and what they mean?
    Download GraphStudioNext, start MP and play the flac mkv file (best start MP in window mode), open graphstudio and choose 'Connect to Remote graph'.
    1.png

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    Maybe you can attach a short sample file?

I'd have to cut the mkv down, which I'm not sure how to at the moment. Any mkv file with either FLAC or AAC or Vorbis audio codecs (all play silently in MediaPortal for me) would do to confirm though. Do you have or does anyone else have such a file?

Download GraphStudioNext, start MP and play the flac mkv file (best start MP in window mode), open graphstudio and choose 'Connect to Remote graph'.
    View attachment 141368

Ok I tried doing (MP in window mode) this but I get a "failed to connect to remote graph. E_NOINTERFACE (0x80004002). No such interface supported. Failed to connect to remote graph. Note the error E_NOINTERFACE or REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG can be caused by failing to register proppage.dll from the Windows SDK."[/quote]

anony

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2009
    I uninstalled all unrelated codecs, and re-installed MediaPortal 1.5 with the included LAV filters. Still no sound with FLAC or AAC. (During the MediaPortal installation I received "invalid file handle 32" but I'm not sure if that's relevant.)

The Bitstreamed codecs (DTS, AC3) work, but only if I choose to Bitstream in the LAV Audio options.

Last edited:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Bitstreamed codecs (DTS, AC3) work, but only if I choose to Bitstream in the LAV Audio options.

Okay. Please open MP (window mode). Play the file and check your Windows sound mixer in taskbar. Can it be that MP is muted?
    mixer_loesung-jpg.90779

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom