MM.exe fails to set already running MP instance to become the foreground window (1 Viewer)

jenz

February 27, 2007
Zürich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
TV-Server Version: -
MediaPortal Version: 1rc4
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3
Windows Version: Vista x64 SP1
CPU Type: E6600
HDD: Samsung F1 1T
Memory: 4G
Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Video Card: ATI 1900 XT
Video Card Driver: Catalyst 8.11
Sound Card: x-Fi Extreme Gamer, Realtek ALC882
Sound Card AC3: -
Sound Card Driver: Creative 2.18.004, Realtek ??
1. TV Card: None
1. TV Card Type: -
1. TV Card Driver: -
2. TV Card: None
2. TV Card Type: -
2. TV Card Driver: -
3. TV Card: None
3. TV Card Type: -
3. TV Card Driver: -
4. TV Card: None
4. TV Card Type: -
4. TV Card Driver: -
MPEG2 Video Codec: MP default
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MP default
h.264 Video Codec: FFMpeg
Satelite/CableTV Provider: CableCom
HTPC Case: -
Cooling: Some fans
Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro 530W
Remote: MCE Remote / IR-Server
TV: Elsa CTR 22"
TV - HTPC Connection: D-Sub

Hi,

I have a dual monitor config (LCD with keyboard and for the secondary display a CRT with gamepads in front of a sofa. IR Server /MCE Remote is used to control MP, and by pressing the Windows Start button MP starts on the secondary monitor. MP is never minimised. That part and MP itself works very well.

Now after doing stuff on the primary screen (causing window focus to change) and then starting MediaPortal.exe again while MP is already visible, the already runing MP instance is activated but fails to get the focus. Instead its taskbar button is just blinking.

This is probably caused by not calling allowSetforegroundwindow() in MediaPortalApp.ActivatePreviousInstance() or MediaPortalApp.SetForeGround().

I haven't tested this by building MP itself, but when I use ChangeDisplaySettings.exe (SourceForge.net: ChangeDisplaySettings , build required) to call allowSetForegroundWindow() and execute mp.exe the already running instance of MP is becoming the foreground window instantly.

Cheers, Jenz

jenz

February 27, 2007
Zürich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Problem solved

It toook me a time to realize the problem. It's caused by using IR-Server Suite to launch MP. Because IRSS might not have the right to set the foreground window, MP also won't be able to become the foreground window.

Solution: here in this IRSS thread

Cheers, Jens

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom