Mobile phone control? (1 Viewer)

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
October 31, 2016
Home Country
Germany Germany
Mp is based on xmbc, actual it is called kodi, is there a possibillity to use a kodi remote for mobile phones also for mp2?

If not, that was a nice to have!

Kodi had the better applications for remote control via phone which have a better und more usefull gui as all mp1 remotes I ever tried. I think a little on kore, the official kodi remote app. No mp1 control for a mobile phone reached that gui and usabillity.

Whats the difference between xmbc and mp, is it not possible to use the same ports and commands to make mp more comfortable? Mostly commands should be the same if mp based on xmbc.

Last edited:

KishZera

May 10, 2022
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm looking to setup a new media PC and MP2 looks promising. A major important feature for me is a WIFI based iPhone app to work as remote control. From browsing the info on MP2 it's not clear to me if such an app exists by now. Does it?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm looking to setup a new media PC and MP2 looks promising. A major important feature for me is a WIFI based iPhone app to work as remote control. From browsing the info on MP2 it's not clear to me if such an app exists by now. Does it?
    A specific control app for MP2 is not existing, but there is the category wifi remote in input manager.
    I guess you can use any wifi remote, that is natively supported by windows, but I've never tried it.

I could quickly find for iOS:
    • Remote Comote Control for Mac,PC Lite (free)
    • Remote Control Collection (free)
    • Remote Virtual KeyPad Lite (free)

1652270367156.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom