[Mod] Actors/Directors/Writers Picture In MovingPictures. (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi Guys ,

A few monts ago i mack a mod to see actors pictures in MovingPictures ,after see the work of m3rcury , what i did defrent from him wase i point the code to get the pictures from my movie manager app' thet use with MyFilms plugin ,that way did not need to get all the pictures Manually... i totaly forget abut the mod ....sorry :oops: , but got remember do to Helios in other post. so i remack the mod for DW skin as he was mack by m3rcury so the users that only use MovingPictures can also view actors pictures too +maybe users dont know but when Create actor cetgory it's a filter for Actor/Movies wich mean when you click on the actor name you get a list of all the movie the actor play in,from movingpictures DB ...

the only thing as i said with this mod have to get the pictures Manually , but good news ,m3rcury collect many pictures and put them in zip file so you just need to unzip them to the corect folder . but lets hope to get a scraper use in the future ...;)

Edit:Update for Directors and Writers too,have to mack cetagory for each (Actors,Directors,Writers).

Info:
    1- Mack Actors cetagory in movingpictures configration (to show all actors).
    2- Unzip my file ,copy the xml's files to DW Skin folder, and copy the Actors folder to DW Media folder.
    3- Go to this link and download m3rcury Actors.rar file with actors pictures :https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...t-streamedmp-movingpictures-96929/#post761239
    4- Unzip the pictures file to DW skin/Media/Actors folder.
    5- Clear the DW Cache folder ...:)
    *Only Jpg pictures can be use.
    *When you add a new pictures mack sure to Rename it corect like : Adam Sandler.jpg , if the actor picture name not corect it will not show in the skin.

Big Thanks to m3rcury for the nice work .

Attachments

• Main Category.jpg
      Main Category.jpg
      193.3 KB
    • Actors view.jpg
      Actors view.jpg
      232 KB
    • DisplayActorsImge_v2.rar
      19.3 KB

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    Hi,
    I update the Mod to view pictures for Directors and Writers too , wich means if you mack Cetagory for directors or wirters or both ,
    you will see his picture (as long as you drop a director/writer picture and rename it corect ).

:)

Zaschmann

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi together,
    I have just started useing MediaPortal and I love it.
    I work with Moving Pictures and enjoy the easy way to modify it. The only thing that I did not get to work is that Moving Pictures displays a picture of the Actors or Dirctors. I organized everything the way ysmp displayed above (except not having a list of all Actors, only a few for running some tests). But no change of the normal look. I already spend over 10 hours with testing and serching for answers but did not found the right ones. So plese don't be mad at me when I have some questions, 14 month after the last informations have been added to this discussion. I hope ysmp gets a message that someone added something to the discussion he opened, but I am thankful for every kind of help.

ysmp:
    1. When you write for example of the "DW Skin folder" you mean the "Default Widescreen Skin folder"? Is that correct? (C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide\Media\Actors and C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide >>> in Wondows7)
    2. Would this also work with the Black Glass Nova Skin?
    (I tested it with both, but not with the desired results.)
    3. Is this function anyhow integrated already to Moving Pictures? If yes how can I activate it?

Here is my system Information:
    - Windows7 Home
    - MediaPortal 1.2.3.0
    - Moving Pictures 1.4.0.1418
    - Skin desired: Black Glass Nova 1.2.0.0 (without the Extras Package because I don't know how to install it (Informations how to install the Extras Package I would receive thankful as well))

Thanking you in anticipation for every answer even if it is "only" a link to a page I did not found.
    P.S. Answers in german are welcome even more. Gerne auch Antworten in deutsch.

Schicksal

Portal Pro
    February 7, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    einfach die pakete runterladen und in das skinverzeichnis kopieren.
    die daten wird es schon geben und du musst diese ersetzen. ist dann einfach eine andere darstellung in den daten beschrieben. (z.B. Volumebalken oben statt mitte)
    originale vor dem überschreiben sichern, dann kann man bei nichtgefallen zurückkopieren.

sorry für's kleinschreiben und die schlechte optik. hab meinen wuseligen sohn auf dem arm. puh.

Zaschmann

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo Schicksal,
    vielen Dank für die super schnelle Antwort. Ich bin begeistert.

Genau so habe ich es gemacht:
    Die rar Datei enthält 2 xml Dateien die ich nach C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\DefaultWide (oder eben Black Glass Nova) kopiert habe nachdem ich die bestehenden Dateien mit gleichem Namen um "_old" erweitert hatte. Inhalt des Cache Verzeichnises kpl. gelöscht und MediaPortal neu gestartet. Man sieht eine Veränderung aber eben nicht die gewünschte, es werden nicht die Bilder der Schauspieler dargestellt. Ich werde morgen mal ein paar Screenshots dazu hochladen; vielleicht hilft das.

Darf ich fragen ob das mit den Schauspielern bei dir mit Moving Pictures funktioniert? Wenn ja mit welchem Skin?

Also nochmal vielen Dank für die Hilfe und bis bald?!

Zaschmann

Portal Member
    October 10, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hallo zusammen,

habs endlich geschafft ein paar Screenshots zu machen von den Veränderungen, die das Kopieren der oben zur Verfügung gestellten Dateien bei mir bewirkt. Ich hoffe man kann die Dateien an ihrem Dateinamen identifizieren. "Mit MP Mod" bedeutet: Die obigen Dateien wurden aktiv gesetzt; "ohne MP Mod": Das Gegenteil.
    Brad Pitt ist einer der Schauspieler deren Bild in den jeweiligen Ordnern Actors vorhanden ist.
    Man sieht zwar Veränderungen aber nicht die Gewünschten.

Vielen Dank für jeden Tipp.

Hi everybody,
    I posted some screenshots what exactly happend when I used the xml Files from above. In the DefaultWide Skin there was no change. The Default Skin did not even display a list anymore. The other screenshots show the difference before and after useing the xml Files from above. "...mit MP Mod" means useing these xml Files from above; "...ohne MP Mod" means useing the original xml Files.
    As you see no image of Actors.

Im glad and thankful for every Help and Tip.

Good Bye

Attachments

• Black Glass Nova mit MP Mod.png
      Black Glass Nova mit MP Mod.png
      856.7 KB
    • Black Glass Nova ohne MP Mod.png
      Black Glass Nova ohne MP Mod.png
      815.3 KB
    • Default mit MP Mod 1.png
      Default mit MP Mod 1.png
      602 KB
    • Default mit MP Mod 2.png
      Default mit MP Mod 2.png
      782.9 KB
    • Default ohne MP Mod.png
      Default ohne MP Mod.png
      660.4 KB
    • DW mit & ohne MP Mod.png
      DW mit & ohne MP Mod.png
      729.8 KB

badboyxx

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I copied the two files into my skin folder, for me it's C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP. As you can see I use StreamedMP skin but Moving Pictures doesn't show up the actor images at the left side. I get only the default icon. I added the Actor category in moving pictures and the actor image is also available in the actor folder. Does anybody know what the problem is?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ysmp can you give me a solution for my problem please?

Changes to the skin XML files are needed to make the actor images work. When you copied the XML files into the StreamedMP folder, did you get a warning to overwrite existing files? Because if StreamedMP currently doesn't use those XML files, then adding them to the folder will not magically make it work. In that case you have to manually merge the changes into the correct skin file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom