[MOD] Video-OSD: ClearArt, integrated Audio/Subtitle-menu

Discussion in 'Titan Skin Feedback' started by bta489, July 26, 2014.

1. bta489

bta489 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi there,

I customized the videoOSD a little. Basically I was annoyed by the huge pop-ups of the audio- and subtitle menu. So I tried to fit them into the existing panel. I also added ClearArt, ClearLogo, CDArt for Movies and Musicvideos. Anyway, instead of writing pages and pages of text (with questionable grammar :D), I'd rather show pictures of how it actually looks:

Movies:
    videoOSD_MovPic.JPG

Series:
    videoOSD_series.JPG

Musicvideos (if Artist ClearLogo exists):
    videoOSD_mv_clearlogo.JPG

Musicvideos (if no ClearLogo exists):
    videoOSD_mv_noclearlogo (2).JPG
    Recorded TV or Video generally:
    videoOSD_recorded.JPG
    Subtitle Menu:
    videoOSD_MovPic_subtitleMenu.JPG
    Audio Menu:
    videoOSD_MovPic_audioMenu.JPG

Modifications:
    - ClearArt, DVD-Art for Movies (if no ClearArt is available, ClearLogo is shown)
    - ClearArt for Series (if no ClearArt is available, ClearLogo is shown)
    - ClearLogo (if available) replaces Artist string for Musicvideos (mvCentral)
    - Musicvideo artist replaces the string that usually displays movie-genre and year when playing a musicvideo
    - Audio and Subtitle menu integrated in the existing panel
    - moved the mediainfo-Icons to the left, changed the order (can easily be reversed by not using the "videoOSD.mediainfo.xml" from the .zip)
    - very cool DVD-Case Overlay (made by manicho on DeviantArt.com [LINK])

Installation:
    - Download the .zip-file (obviously ;))
    - extract it either in your main titan-skinfolder or (my recommendation) in a new or existing themefolder. (The two .png-files should end up in the "Media"-Subfolder)
    - adjust ClearArt, ClearLogo, DiscArt-Paths in "include.ClearArt.xml" to your ClearArt-filestructure.
    - ClearArt/ClearLogo for Series is not specified in "include.ClearArt.xml", since MPTV-Series itself can provide ClearArt-Properties quite comfortably. If you haven't already done this open the "TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml", and insert the following lines between "<videoplayimages import="true">" and "</videoplayimages>" (and replace "C:\Sample\Folder\Structure" with the actual path to your ClearArt)
    Code (XML):
    2. <property>
    3.     <name>TVSeries.Play.ClearArt</name>
    4.     <value><![CDATA[C:\Sample\Folder\Structure\<Series.ID>.png]]></value>
    5. </property>
    6. <property>
    7.     <name>TVSeries.Play.ClearLogo</name>
    8.     <value><![CDATA[C:\Sample\Folder\Structure\<Series.ID>.png]]></value>
    9. </property>
    - (re)start Mediaportal and enjoy.

Notes:
    - Tested only with 1.8.0 at 1080p, should work fine though :cautious:
    - works best with MovingPictures, MPTV-Series, mvCentral, MyVideo
    - I added an exception for Musicvideos by AC/DC: since the "/" is not a valid character for filenames I manually replaced AC/DC with AC_DC.

Attached Files:

• videoOSD.zip
      File size:
      80.6 KB
      Uploaded:
      July 26, 2014
      Views:
    • Like Like x 2

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!