[MOD] Worldweather skinfiles for Titan! (24/06/2013) (1 Viewer)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi people!

The official skinfiles of Worldweather for Titan are not released yet, but I have made some by myself.. Also after the release of the official skinfiles I will continue to update this files..

NOTES:

-HistoryCondition is not working yet.
    -The files are compatible with all releases since the latest stable version of Worldweather.
    -Files are tested with Mediaportal 1.3.0 and 1.4.0
    -Enable the option "Force complete refresh (incl. images)" in Worldweather configuration.

Changelog:

0.4 BETA: (24-06-2013)

-Added animated weather icon for plugin label
    -Added fanart_overlay.png to Worldweather.backgrounds.xml
    -Some strings where overlapping in normal weather condition, this should been fixed now.
    -Some more bugfixes..

0.3 BETA: (05-05-2013)

-New label
    -Added support for Hour condition and graphical condition
    -Changed font color of different labels
    -Changed some strange behavior in hiddenmenu
    -Support for animated weather background
    -Some more bugfixes..

0.2 BETA: (26-01-2013)

-Lot of bugfixes
    -All animation effects should be fine now.
    -Included all files so Titan for WW light is NOT needed anymore to be installed first.
    -Changed thumbview layout; There is now a 4X3 gird instead of 5X3.
    -Added serperator to RSS feed.

0.1 BETA: (18-01-2013)

-Added hidden menu instead off the serperate buttons.
    -First satalite image is added to the normalcondition view.
    -Complete new lay-out.
    -Added a hover.
    -5 days of weather are now visible in the normalcondition view.

Installation:

-Put all xml files into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan
    -Put the images in the "Media folder" into: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\Media

Please use this thread to report your bugs and add some future requests.. Found a bug? Always post a screenshot please!

@Micropolis, @Edalex, @Marduk65, @Zoidberg77 : Thanks for helping me! :)

Cheers!

Attachments

• ww 4.jpg
      ww 4.jpg
      433.2 KB
    • ww 6.jpg
      ww 6.jpg
      415.7 KB
    • ww 7.jpg
      ww 7.jpg
      104.4 KB
    • ww 3.jpg
      ww 3.jpg
      505.8 KB
    • ww 5.jpg
      ww 5.jpg
      385.9 KB
    • WW.jpg
      WW.jpg
      530.8 KB
    • WW 2.jpg
      WW 2.jpg
      441 KB
    • ww 7.jpg
      ww 7.jpg
      455 KB
    • ww 8.jpg
      ww 8.jpg
      425.2 KB
    • Worldweather - Titan 0.4 BETA (24-06-2013).zip
      14.4 MB
    Last edited:

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Topicstart updated with a new version.. This version solves a lot of issues so you really should update if you're using this MOD! :)

Happy testing!

Last edited:

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey powermarcel10 - Nice work on this - really appreciated.

I just winder though, could you consider some small mods? Have a look att he attached screen shot of my weather. You'll see that we have double digit highs and lows so the C sometimes doesn't seem to fit. Could you make it a lowercase c rather than a CAPITAL C maybe to make it fit better?

Also, I've noticed that with the current weather conditions, they seem to run into themselves vertically. Looks like the spacking needs to be looked at.

And lastly, would it be possible to have a version of the forecast that doesn't have the X configuration? For example in my attched example have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday across the top and Thursday, Friday across the bottem?

Thansk again - great work!

Attachments

• 13-48-24.png
      13-48-24.png
      1.5 MB

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just winder though, could you consider some small mods? Have a look att he attached screen shot of my weather. You'll see that we have double digit highs and lows so the C sometimes doesn't seem to fit. Could you make it a lowercase c rather than a CAPITAL C maybe to make it fit better?

Yep, good point.. I will make the "C's" smaller, than it should fit better..

Also, I've noticed that with the current weather conditions, they seem to run into themselves vertically. Looks like the spacking needs to be looked at.

I'm sory but I don't know what you mean.. Can you explain it for me? Or mark it on the screenshot? :)

And lastly, would it be possible to have a version of the forecast that doesn't have the X configuration? For example in my attched example have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday across the top and Thursday, Friday across the bottem?

I don't know.. I like the lay-out as it is now personally.. And you have to know that it is a lot of work to change the layout of this.. But let me see what I can do..

Thanks for you suggestions!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @blair_haynes: About the lowercase "c". Only way to change this is to edit it in the language file. So please try the file attached to check if it fits better.

Put the file into C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\language\WorldWeather

Can you also explain the second suggestion of your previous post please?

Attachments

• strings_en.xml
      13.6 KB

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey Powermarcel10, thanks for this. I'll install this tonight and post back here in its success or otherwise.

With regard to my second comment, what I was referring to was the "Current" square that has the Precipitation, Visibility, Cloud Coverage etc. in it. The rows look like they need another pixel or two spacing between them, and you have the room between the heading "Current" and "Precipitation".

Does the above make sense?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Powermarcel10, thanks for this. I'll install this tonight and post back here in its success or otherwise.

With regard to my second comment, what I was referring to was the "Current" square that has the Precipitation, Visibility, Cloud Coverage etc. in it. The rows look like they need another pixel or two spacing between them, and you have the room between the heading "Current" and "Precipitation".

Does the above make sense?

You're welcome!

Aaaaah, you mean the part I marked red in the image bellow? I think it's my English.. ;)

So you would like to see a bit more space between the rules? So between; "Zicht" and "Wind" by example?

EDIT: And as you can see, animated weather according the kind of actual weather is supported too.. Do you like that?

Attachments

• this.jpg
      this.jpg
      499.4 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom