Modifying a Theme issues (1 Viewer)

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    I'm having a very hard time trying to modify a theme, I started with "BlueTwo wide" and recolors a number of objects that went well, then I wanted to resize some text and move the location of a few objects, so I tried the MediaPortalEditor. I can open the skin in it and modify some screens, but what does not seem to work, is resizing text. If I take say #Datetime and change the font from 16pt to 32pt then All I see is the letter "d" not the whole date, which is part of "Wednesday May 2" which should be display, on the Clock all I get ls 9:57 the "AM is missing". On the background the, which is a 720P image, once I select 720P for the size of the screen, I get black borders on the right and bottom of the system when in full screen.

I'm just interested in is there a better way to create and edit skins that I'm missing?

ERIC

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm having a very hard time trying to modify a theme, I started with "BlueTwo wide" and recolors a number of objects that went well, then I wanted to resize some text and move the location of a few objects, so I tried the MediaPortalEditor. I can open the skin in it and modify some screens, but what does not seem to work, is resizing text. If I take say #Datetime and change the font from 16pt to 32pt then All I see is the letter "d" not the whole date, which is part of "Wednesday May 2" which should be display, on the Clock all I get ls 9:57 the "AM is missing". On the background the, which is a 720P image, once I select 720P for the size of the screen, I get black borders on the right and bottom of the system when in full screen.

I'm just interested in is there a better way to create and edit skins that I'm missing?

ERIC

The skin editor is outdated.
    You have to use a text editor like wordpad or something. My self use EditPlus.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Not to be picky but:
    mirk said:
    This looks like a cross between UPdated and OUTdated. I believe you you mean the later.

To bad there is no easier way to do this....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom