Modifying my videos (1 Viewer)

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Modifying my videos

I really adore this skin! Is there a way for me to modify the My videos screen? I would really like the DVD-cover to disappear in ‘list view’. I only use it for my documentaries collection, which usually don’t have covers, but do have long filenames. The cover takes up to much space on the screen and blocks out a big part of the listed filenames.

What can I modify in the .xml files to create more space for the filenames in the list view? A bit help to get me started would be greatly appreciated!

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    You'll fint the skin files here:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\myvideo.xml
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\myvideoTitle.xml
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Black & White 1080\common.facade.video.xml

To remove the dvdcase; remove the following control from myvideo.xml and myvideoTitle.xml

Code:
    		<control>
    			<description>Cover background</description>
    			<type>image</type>
    			<id>1</id>
    			<posX>800</posX>
    			<posY>260</posY>
    			<width>410</width>
    			<height>580</height>
    			<texture>dvdcover.png</texture>
    			<visible>facadeview.list</visible>
    		</control>

To change the listcontrol width have a look at common.facade.video.xml. Try playing around with the listcontrol width tag.

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thnx a lot for getting me in the right direction aj1405!! I already figured out how to get rid of the cover and movie-info myself by editing the myvideo.xml, but I couldn't figure out how to change the listcontrol width. Got it all done now!
    I only edited the myvideo.xml file, what does the myvideoTitle.xml file do?

I have attached my updated .xml files for people who also want to lose the DVD-cover and movie-info from the My Videos page. (I added a picture to the right in my version which you can replace by one you chose yourself)

Attachments

• myvideo.xml
      30.6 KB
    • common.facade.video.xml
      30.7 KB

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    One more question btw (not worth opening a new topic): In my Basic Home screen weird stretched images appear next to ‘My Music’ and ‘Settings’ (just those). I have attached a resized screenshot. What .xml file should I use to edit the Basic Home screen and remove these? Thnx in advance!

Attachments

• B&W screenshot basichome.jpg
      B&W screenshot basichome.jpg
      30.4 KB

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    One more question btw (not worth opening a new topic): In my Basic Home screen weird stretched images appear next to ‘My Music’ and ‘Settings’ (just those). I have attached a resized screenshot. What .xml file should I use to edit the Basic Home screen and remove these? Thnx in advance!

this is HOME screen, basic home is the one with the icons..

i have also noticed this, long time ago. it did bug me at first but i stopped using home screen altogether and went the "menu way" :) i'm not saying this is a solution but you should look into it. home screen is just too messy if you have quite a few plugins installed.. there is even a patch that prevents mp from using home screen..

as for the solution, i have looked around in the skin files and mp code but there wasn't even a clue of what might be causing this.. i'll look some more..

as for the myVideos mod, i'll add it to the google code in Mods directory, if that's ok with you? could you just post a screenshot please?

best regards,
    se

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok thnx for your reply, I’ll just stick with the normal Home screen for now ;) hopefully it will be gone in a future release.

Adding the "mod" to google code is fine with me off course!! Attached is the screenshot you asked for.

Short mod description:

Mod that removes DVD-cover and movie-info from the My Video screen, in order to create room for longer filenames in the List view. Great if a plugin like Moving Pictures is being used for movies and My Video for media like documentaries. To the right side of the screen a custom picture can be added by modifying the myvideo.xml and replacing darwin_fish.png at the bottom of the file. ‘

(The picture is use is attached, put it in the skins ‘media’ folder).

Best regards,
    Harmani

Attachments

• modded myvideos.png
      modded myvideos.png
      986.1 KB
    • darwin_fish.png
      darwin_fish.png
      195.4 KB

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Aaah I also figured out how to get rid of those weird images next to My Music and Settings :cool:
    Just delete button_music.png and button_settings.png from the skin's Media folder :mad:

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    Aaah I also figured out how to get rid of those weird images next to My Music and Settings :cool:
    Just delete button_music.png and button_settings.png from the skin's Media folder :mad:

yup, i knew that those are the images displayed stretched there but i have no clue why.. btw you need those images to see them in the menus on left..

before including, i will change something in your mod.. include facade in the myVideo.xml directly.. so that other windows using common.facade.video.xml aren't affected..

thanks for the screenshot too :)

aj1405

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    oh yeah.. button_xx images were renamed to menu_xxx... was searching this error in the svn version, no wonder i couldn't find anything :)

about the mod, indeed it would be better to see the dynamic cover instead..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom