Monoblock LNB - BDA DVB-S DiSEqC problems (1 Viewer)

defcon5

Portal Pro
April 16, 2006
Barcelona (Catalonia)
Hi

I can read in "Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)" the follow:

How many LNBs can i use with MediaPortal?Generally speaking MediaPortal can adress 4 LNBs.

But at the moment switching between LNBs is only supported with Skystar2, firedtv/floppydtv and Technotrend TV-Cards.

Then... I have a Skystar2 and only switch one LNB at time (one satellie at time)

We have a community parabolic monoblock with LNB4 and multiswitch x 8

In autotune my config is :

LNB1 A/A Astra
LNB2 B/B Hotbird

I can setup LNB3 and LNB4 for the others 2 Astra satellites
Sometimes found channels sometimes no found
With this configuration I watch only Hotbird Channels, if I change the autotune configuration with:

LNB1 A/A Hotbird
LNB2 B/B Astra

I only watch the Astra channels

it is interesting, isn´t it?

Maybe today is fixed, but I don´t know How can I do
Please tell me if this is normal actually or I don´t know do it

I´m waiting for support for this problem
Thanks

dhstsw

Portal Member
April 18, 2007
I can confirm, as found in this thread:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/problems_adding_tt_s2_3600_usb-t22261.html

That MediaPortal can't handle LNB switching *while* TVServer does it well (both MP and TvServer cvs from yesterday).

TVserver is nice but not an alternative for many: it's heavier (with all the SQL stuff from MS), it keeps the LNB busy (my config is dish->dreambox->htpc) and prevent me to use the dreambox even when mp isn't running.

As i see from various threads, this is a very well known problem, supposed to be fixed in the past but wich has not.

BTW: in the thread above you will find a *WORKING* definition for the TechnoTrend S2-3600 USB2 device; the one built in with the standard CardConfig can't work. Also same errors are in the S-2400 definition.

I tell you so here because i can't reach anyone at the email used to add new cards.

fabis

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
Ok, finaly I managed to fix the diseqc problem on twinhan cards on TV2 (the one that cames with mediaportal alone).
I copy/paste some code from TVServer3 related to sending diseqc commands on twinhan, changed a little bit here and there and boila!!! Now its working.

How can I post the code fixes?

LutzC

Portal Member
April 21, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, finaly I managed to fix the diseqc problem on twinhan cards on TV2 (the one that cames with mediaportal alone).
I copy/paste some code from TVServer3 related to sending diseqc commands on twinhan, changed a little bit here and there and boila!!! Now its working.

How can I post the code fixes?

Hello fabis,
i am no developer but have the diseqc-problem with my Nova-S plus.
Same as you told, i can only catch about 240 channels on Astra and Hotbird form Germany with MP. There should be more than 2000 at all, which i can cathc with the original WinTV2K-SW from Hauppauge and with for example WatchTVPro!!
Do you see any chance for me, to solve this problem as you did for your twinhan?

:D a lot

Lutz

fabis

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
LutzC,
I fixed only the Twinhan implementation.
I thinks your problem is different. We couldn't swap LNBs while changing channels, in the other hand you don't get the full channel list.
This is a different problem :-(
I think that you should check your tuning parameters (*.tpl files).

Best regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom