Monoblock LNB - BDA DVB-S DiSEqC problems (1 Viewer)

csg

August 6, 2005
Denmark
Hi all

As it seams i have the same problem.

Twinhan DTV Sat-ci
quad block diseqc
latest dba driver 1.2.3.8 whql

I can change in other programs but not in MP

Does any one know if there is some one looking in to this?

HACH

Portal Member
September 10, 2005
Zurich
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Hello everyone

I having the same problem with my twinhan dvb-s not not switching from Astra to Hotbird and v.v.
(details see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=13228&highlight=)

I reported it to MAJU (the austrian distributor of twinhan / www.digitalrise.biz). He informed me, that the diseqc commands need to be programmed within media portal explicitly (the switch sequences are not directly part of the drivers).

Does anyone know, if the command sequences are part of the media portal SW?

kind regards
Hansjoerg

first407

Portal Member
November 9, 2005
Norway
Workaround Diseqc problems

Hi everyone

I am agree, there is very frustrating that Mediaportal can not switch between different sattelites without using 3. part sofware. I wonder why this is so hard to fix in MP when My Theatre is working well with the same driver. :roll:

I have heard that the problem MP is not communicating with the parabol switch, can be solved by using a switch that is not depended on using Diseqc and can be controlled by Tone Burst. Is this rigtht, anyone knowing more about this? Is there a type of switch that is working well together with MP?

MP: 0.2 RC4 , latest SVN, XP SP2, CPU: Intel P4 3.0 GHz, Mem: 1024MB, Motherboard: ASUS P5P800, Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 , Video Card Resolution: 1024x768, VMR9, TV Card: Twinhan CI, Parabol: 4 LNB

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try latest SVN it should be fixed now.

The only cards with DiSEqC support are Fire/Floppy DTV, Technotrend and SkyStar 2 devices.

MediaPortal does not have a generic BDA DiSEqC implementation as highligthed by Frodo.

So Twinhan users will probably have to use the supplied helper application.
    If you have any information that you can provide us about doing DiSEqC well with Twinhan please let me know.
    But as far as I know the Twinhan implementation uses registry setting not exactly ideal.

BTW, with Vista M$ has made this a BDA standard so hopefully driver developers will programme towards this in the future then we'll have one standard BDA implementation.

DMAN

first407

Portal Member
    November 9, 2005
    Norway
    I tried the latest SVN but it doesn't help me. As I said, Diseqc works well in My Theatre and it also works if I use the program BDA Console that comes with the Twinhan BDA drivers. Why can't Mediaportal do the exact same thing as these programs?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Read my previous post again - the penny may drop...eventually...

DMAN

fabis

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    I have a Twinhan DVB-S card, with a quad block diseqc and for sure i have the same problem from switching LNB's.

Right said, the problem is twinhan BDA driver.
    I checked a little bit MP code, and I found the following:
    1) in mediaportal\Core\DShowNET\Helper\cards

Code:
     class  VideoCaptureProperties
            public bool SupportsDiseqCommand()
            {
                if (_digitalEverywhere.IsDigitalEverywhere)
                    return true;
                if (_technoTrend.IsTechnoTrend)
                    return true;
               //Here we need:
               //if ( _twinhan.IsTwinhan)
               //  return tre;
                return false;
            }

2) then add to SendDiseqCommand the _twinhan.SendDiseqCommand call
    BUT!!! here is the problem. The Twinhan class doesn't have a SendDiseqCommand implementation.

Here I suppose ,as stated by dman_lfc, that twinhan driver doesn't have these functions, moreover it works with the registry, so the only thing I can suggest is to implement the registry settings for the twinhan DVB-S cards...

what do you people think about this?

defcon5

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2006
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    Hi

(SS2 Card, MP 0.2.0 with last yesterday SVN)

I know than have same problem
    Yesterday with last SVN , scanned like this way:

LNB1 Astra
    LNB2 Hotbird

and only found channels from Astra, skip the LNB2 scanner

then in second try , changed in LNB1 Astra for Hotbird scanning LNB1 only and found more channels but just at end of scanning processing, I get a message error, but the channels get saved.

fabis

Portal Member
    November 6, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    May frodo or other MP staff comment on our findings?

defcon5

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2006
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    Environment:

HP 7600dc ultraslim, 512 Kb 160 Gb, Intel 82945G Expres chipset Family, XP SP2
    Front end Mediaportal 0.2.2 (last version) DVB-T Pinnacle 200e, DVB-S Sky Star 2

Is fixed the problem with switch between satellites in MP?
    In version 0.2.2 the problem goes on
    I dont use Mytheater but use ProgDVB and I can switch without problems between satellites (Astra and Hotbird)
    I´ve proved all versions of MP
    After to look all threats about the Disecq problem I don´t have get a solution.
    Anyone has news about this?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom