Monochrome 16:10 (1 Viewer)

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi joz thank you for this 16-10 skin , i just got 20.5 " screen with resolution of 1680 by 1050 for my desk top,
    and im trying indigo (i prefer blue's color skin over black..for small screens) evreting simss to work great , some of the title in some screens are to high and thay mix with the top bar (i will try to lower them down my self..)

can i ask you to add skin for RadioTime plugin it's the best radio plugin for mp .

thank's again and i hoop you will not stop to update 16 - 10 skins :)
    ysmp

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey ysmp,

:D for the encouragement!
    I'm kinda busy with other projects (aMPed and my server console project) atm so the 16/10 ports I did are kinda falling behind, sorry about that.
    I would really appreciate it if you fix issues you come across! It would be awesome if more users would help out getting this done.
    I intended this to be more of a community effort than only me doing the skinning.

So if you have fixed something please post your XML files here. I will then check 'em out and incorporate them in the next release.
    And sorry, for now I will not be adding any plugin support since I have enough to do already but of course you could always give it a go yourself. Just start with a skinfile for blue3wide or something and change what needs to be changed.

Johnyd

Portal Member
    February 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Finally decided to have a look at this on my new computer. Moving pictures looks great. But Mytvseries seems to have issues.

In filmstrip view the covers of the shows on the edge of the screen are cut off.

For most of the covers the image is cut, I can only tell because a few have words near the edge and if it says Hello in the real image the Cover only says ello with most of the e missing.

No descriptions are showing up for the shows, in filmstrip view. The episode shows in list view but also is missing the details. Im not sure if this was on purpose or not.

I fixed up the first two problems but I dont know how to get the last. I changed a fair few things so my files probably wouldnt be of much use to others.

Here's the bit I played with, this fixes the clipping problems I had. But the frame that goes around the images doesnt fit, you can stretch it in photoshop to fix it but I just turned that option off because I didnt like the look, delete the bold lines to get rid of it.
    <control>
    <description>Filmstrip view</description>
    <type>filmstrip</type>
    <scrollOffset>2</scrollOffset>
    <id>50</id>
    <onup>2</onup>
    <ondown>2</ondown>
    <posX>40</posX>
    <posY>400</posY>
    <width>1400</width>
    <spinPosX>2000</spinPosX>
    <spinCanFocus>no</spinCanFocus>
    <thumbWidth>175</thumbWidth>
    <thumbHeight>240</thumbHeight>
    <thumbPosX>9</thumbPosX>
    <thumbPosY>7</thumbPosY>
    <itemWidth>180</itemWidth>
    <itemHeight>260</itemHeight>
    <textureWidth>180</textureWidth>
    <textureHeight>260</textureHeight>
    <imageFolderFocus>Framefocus.png</imageFolderFocus>
    <colordiffuse>44444444</colordiffuse>
    <frame>-</frame>
    <frameFocus>video_filmstrip_frame.png</frameFocus>

<background>Coverbig.png</background>
    <thumbs flipY="true" diffuse="Thumb_Mask.png">
    </thumbs>
    <InfoImage flipY="true" diffuse="Thumb_Mask.png">
    </InfoImage>
    <showFrame>yes</showFrame>
    <showFolder>no</showFolder>
    <showBackGround>no</showBackGround>
    <showInfoImage>no</showInfoImage>
    <thumbAnimation effect="zoom" start="100,100" end="130,130" time="200">focus</thumbAnimation>
    <thumbAnimation effect="zoom" start="130,130" end="100,100" time="200">unfocus</thumbAnimation>
    <scrollOffset>4</scrollOffset>
    </control>

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey Johnyd thanks for posting your findings.

First things first, I have not been developing this 16:10 version since months because I do not use any 16:10 screens anymore myself, so I have no need for it (and can't really test anymore).
    It would be cool if someone could pickup the support on this :) So if you're up to it...

About tvseries; which version are you running? This 16:10 port is not supporting the latest but the one before that. Could be your problem

Johnyd

Portal Member
    February 11, 2009
    Home Country
    This is what mine looks like, Ignore the fact that everything is moved, the filmstrip cover width and the overall width is all that the part I put up will change. Not the height and overlays like in the images.

Yeah I have the newest version of my tv series. Honestly I have no idea what Im doing I just kept changing things that looked promising until it did what I wanted.

I dont really have time to develop it properly and only use two plugins, moving pictures and my tv series

Ok I stole itfearme's updated files and edited them a bit for my style.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/johnyd_2007/mediaportal1.jpg
    http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/johnyd_2007/mediaportal2.jpg

Banner view is broken, when I moved the description for the filmstrip it moved the one for banners since apparently they are tied, itfearme's version looks fine on 16:10 except it had some clipping of the covers in filmstrip view for me.

Attachments

• tvseries 1610.zip
      30.6 KB

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a little update for anyone whose been using these 16:10 ports.

I now have a 16:10 screen available to me again so I can test stuff on that aspect. At least for Monochrome/indigo 16:10 I'm working towards a generic version that will work on 16:10 as well as 16:9 (I use the same set of skinfiles on my HTPC and on my desktop, first one is 16:9 the other 16:10). This might also be the case for streamedMP (most likely)

No promises on any updates cause I'm still quite busy and still need to setup some stuff MP wise.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just updated the first post with my latest build.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just added a new version to the starting post. Probably changed more then the changelog indicates but I'm kinda bad keeping up with changes. Just check it out ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom