Monochrome v3.2 Released... (2 Viewers)

yvos

Portal Member
November 5, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
For anybody that's willing to give it a go it's a simple 1366x768 image with the following gradient 0%-#000000,25%-#333333,75%-#252525,100%-#000000 ;)

Based on your specs I created a new background in Photoshop (it's attached).

This is how:
- Create a new picture
- Image mode on grayscale
- Image mode 16 bits/channel
- Filled with your gradient
- [File][Save for web & devices]
- PNG-24
- no transperancy selected
- Not interlaced
- [Save]

On my tv it looks way sharper ;)

Best Yuri

Attachments

• Background.png
    Background.png
    5.4 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would it be worthwhile for me to redo all the gfx in the "correct" format, I'm just looking for a sharper/clearer display of my skins on a HD lcd ;)

yvos

Portal Member
    November 5, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Would it be worthwhile for me to redo all the gfx in the "correct" format, I'm just looking for a sharper/clearer display of my skins on a HD lcd ;)

Most of the graphics look sharp buttons and so on (but I use a HD Ready not a real HD tv) the only one which could use a sharper one is the background of the left menu.

Offcourse you also want to pics to be small to have the best performance.

PS The backgrounds of the 2.9 version where even sharper than the ones I created based on the 3.1 version.

Best Yuri

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Online Videos skin bug?

Using the latest MP SVN with the latest Online Videos (v0.13.0).

When I select an item in Apple Trailers I get the "details" screen (Online Videos 5.jpg) with the buttons on the left to select which video of this movie to watch - that looks fine.

If I watch the selection and then press stop, the skin goes back to the details screen, but the menu on the LHS is missing (Online Videos 6.jpg).

If I then go back to the previous screen and then return to the details screen, the menu on the LHS is quite different (Online Videos 7.jpg) and doesn't allow me to choose the different trailers anymore. The skin is stuck in this mode and I have to return to Home and then back to Online Videos to clear it.

Also, it looks like the thumbnails section of the Online Videos skin needs "keepaspectratio" and "centered" tags added, so that the movie covers don't get squished?

Cheers,

Taipan

Attachments

• OnlineVideos 5.jpg
      OnlineVideos 5.jpg
      431.7 KB
    • OnlineVideos 6.jpg
      OnlineVideos 6.jpg
      420.2 KB
    • OnlineVideos 7.jpg
      OnlineVideos 7.jpg
      466.6 KB

Fub4r

April 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really like your skin,

But I've got 2 problems with the TV-Series plugin.

In filmstrip view there is a gap between the poster and the cover border. And in the wide banners view there is no border around the banners at all.

I dont know whats causing this. I've tried updating the TV-Series plugin. Redownloaded the skin. Cleared the cache folder. But the problem still persists.

I do have the same problem with your indigo skin.

Hope you can help me with these problems :)

Attachments

• filmstrip.jpg
      filmstrip.jpg
      237.4 KB
    • widebanners.jpg
      widebanners.jpg
      129.8 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The filmstrip problem has been fixed in the next maintenence release, I've never had the wide banner problem tho... in either of my skins or setups :confused:

RoyDamgrave

August 15, 2007
    I have two issues with the current Monochrome skin. In the My Videos section, when viewing the items in the filmstrip mode, I don't see the buttons for the previous and next page. If I navigate with my remote to the location the items should be, I can press the button and skip to next pages (so the buttons are there, but not visible..). The second problem in the My Videos section is that not by every movie the IMDB information is shown, although the information is available in the database. And when I press 'Info' and go to the 'IMDB' section the information is shown, so Mediaportal can read the information, but is sometimes not showing it in the small bar below the filmstrip in My Videos.

Is there already a solution to the above mentioned problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom