Monochrome v3.3 Released... (7 Viewers)

taalas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have been playing around with it for a while now and the new version is amazing!

One thing that I am not sure whether it's related to the skin or OnlineVideos:

When starting OnlineVideos -> iTunes Trailers:

Playing a trailer, going back to menu, choosing another trailer will result in the main menu being shown on the left column (the settings one) instead of the trailer choice menu (Trailer, Featurette, etc.). Starting a trailer blindly and pressing stop will revert to the original menu (this also means that the main menu is actually over the one that's supposed to be there because trailers can still be selected blindly).

Skin or plugin problem?

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Psycho Reptile,

I have a question on this version. Why is the text label is overlapping on the menu from the basic home screen? Although, I don't see it on the screen shot that you have posted. Please take at look at the attach file.

Thanks,
    DanTX

Attachments

• monochrome.jpg
      monochrome.jpg
      95 KB

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not running on my system. It seems an invisible window is taking focus. Skin not visible, can not enter any menu item.

I can confirm this, on my system a reboot helped as well. Perhaps include this in the download instructions somewhere? Or did I just miss it?
    You didn't miss anything... bear in mind I've been testing almost 100 incremental releases between this and the previous release on my htpc and skinning laptop and I've never had this problem :confused:... perhaps logs might indicate something... also if it was skin related, why does a restart solve the problem...:p

When starting OnlineVideos -> iTunes Trailers:

Playing a trailer, going back to menu, choosing another trailer will result in the main menu being shown on the left column (the settings one) instead of the trailer choice menu (Trailer, Featurette, etc.). Starting a trailer blindly and pressing stop will revert to the original menu (this also means that the main menu is actually over the one that's supposed to be there because trailers can still be selected blindly).

Skin or plugin problem?
    I'll look into it, thx for the heads up ;)

I have a question on this version. Why is the text label is overlapping on the menu from the basic home screen? Although, I don't see it on the screen shot that you have posted. Please take at look at the attach file.
    Perhaps because you're not running at the recommended resolution... 1366x768. On a side note I skin at 1280x720 and run my htpc at 1920x1080 (there have been very minor font size changes)... and you appear to be running 16:10.

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Perhaps because you're not running at the recommended resolution... 1366x768. On a side note I skin at 1280x720 and run my htpc at 1920x1080 (there have been very minor font size changes)... and you appear to be running 16:10.[/QUOTE]

I am running my HTPC on 1920x1080. By changing the font to smaller size, will that resolve the issue? Where would I go change that? I can see the label text in the basichome.xml but it does not specify the font size.

DanTX

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Are you running Win7 by any chance? It reminds me I had a similar problem when I first switched to 7... I found that it defaults to Medium - 125% in the font sizes, by changing it to Smaller - 100% (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display) and clearing the MP cache it solved the problem for me. I never ran into this on XP tho.

DanTX

Portal Member
    February 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Are you running Win7 by any chance? It reminds me I had a similar problem when I first switched to 7... I found that it defaults to Medium - 125% in the font sizes, by changing it to Smaller - 100% (Control Panel\Appearance and Personalization\Display) and clearing the MP cache it solved the problem for me. I never ran into this on XP tho.

Yes, I am running Win7. Oh, I forgot about that too. Will try it tonight and see.

someone86

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I`ve just tested the the new Monochrome, and it looks good.

I have only noticed that it didn't work with the new MyFilms Version 4.9.1 .

Can someone please take a look into this?

Thanks,
    someone86

Attachments

• ScreenShot MediaPortal -  - 24.05.2010 20-53-29 - 022.png
      ScreenShot MediaPortal - - 24.05.2010 20-53-29 - 022.png
      174.1 KB

darkside40

Portal Pro
    August 17, 2009
    Ruhrgebiet
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could somebody please tell me where to get Monochrome 3.3. I just updated to RC6 nd cant find Monochrome (or Indigo) in the extension Installer, so i am still running 3.2.
    I dont think it was updated together along with RC6.
    Cant find it under my installed extensions and not in the downloadable extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom