More Feedback on Picture Module (1 Viewer)

zuma4711

May 3, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have just installed the EasterBuild to give MediaPortal 2 a try (simple and easy) ... and will concentrate on the Images Module first.

All my Camera Images and Videos are stored on a local share in a directory structure named after people, events, years, ....

What I have noticed so far
The directory structure is not kept, instead the exif information is used to clusture the images. This seems to be by design - Richt?
Zip Files are imported as well - thats not what I expected but I can handle that.
The hidden Folder.jpg Files also show up - can I exclude these somehow?
No Videos i.e. *.avi Files have been found in the Image Module? Is this by design or am I missing something? The BrowseMedia Module does show them ...

Seems like I have to create a playlist for each of my original directories if I would like to slideshow just the images from one directory. Can I do that automatically / by script or would I have to use the BrowseMedia Module? Where are the playlists stored so that I can see how they are structured internally?

As I progress through the Images Module and these questions I can offer to put the answers into the wiki ... if they seem interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom