[Videos] More filename possibility for MyVideos local fanart. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Then, if it's fanart handler plugin wich takes hand for displaying fanart, may be it shoud be this plugin managing poster.jpg ?

It's a very long time ago since I've used MP1 "productive". I'm a "MP2 man" ever since the Alpha releases (mainly because of TVSeries, something I really don't like).

So I'm not very familiar how MP1 is structured. If this is something, FanartHandler should handle, then fix it in FanartHandler. If this is something that MyVideos should do on it's own add it here... As MP1 ist not really nice looking without FanartHandler plugin it did not matter, where it is done, at least not to the end user. Only the result (displaying poster.jpg as cover art) matters...

I only installed MP1 some time ago to test the handling of local metadata and fanart. The goal is to make Media-Buddy as compatible as possible to most, if not all HTPC tools out there. And MP1 definitely is one of those tools I like to support in Media-Buddy, at least in the movies part. The series part simply is not possible due to lack of features in TVSeries. Support for local fanart and metadata was requested by many, many users (including me many years ago) for more than 10 years now but still is not included...

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    for displaying fanart and poster on MP1 without using DB
    from my personal storage :
    i have
    D:\Movies\MovieFilename\MovieFilename.mkv
    D:\Movies\MovieFilename\MovieFilename.jpeg or *.tbn
    D:\Movies\MovieFilename\folder.jpeg
    D:\Movies\MovieFilename\MovieFilename-fanart.jpeg
    D:\Movies\MovieFilename\fanart.jpeg

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    This morning, I wanted to talk about nfo.
    Since I was not sure that nfo also had cover, fanart, etc.. informations image, I prefered to test this before talking without knowing. ;)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Nfo can be displayed without db, but only if it's filename.Nfo and moviefolder is filename

Envoyé de mon LG-H870S en utilisant Tapatalk

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nfo can be displayed without db, but only if it's filename.Nfo and moviefolder is filename

And, if I read correctly the code, ONLY if MP videodatabase is empty.
    Still stay the bug that backdrop is not displayed in myvideos when database is filled. :whistle:

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Nop, you must set mp view as sharedfolder, and nfo will be read.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nop, you must set mp view as sharedfolder, and nfo will be read.
    May be, if you write it, I trust you but, my POV :
    - The .nfo stuff should be see only as a workaround (or, use it by default on MP install).
    - The bug with fanart not displayed when in DB should be fixed.
    - I agree with Lehmden, MP should, at least, propose the same (even if it's minimum) as xbmc/kodi/....

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    nfo is read also, if you use library view (sort by title or similar). As you can see on my screenshots above. No online lookup done at all but the title and description and duration and country and,... is properly filled.

The .nfo stuff should be see only as a workaround
    Here I disagree. My .nfo files contains more and better metadata as any online scrapping tool ever can deliver. As example. Many series episodes are not translated to German title and description on TVDB (and can't be translated because the series was locked before it could be translated, as most series are). In MP2, Kodi,... I have nevertheless everything translated to German as it is translated in my .nfo files. Many translations are loaded from TMDB (automatically done by Media-Buddy) and the rest I've translated by copy & paste from various websites, mostly fernsehserien.de or serienjunkies.de... MP1 (means TVSeries) is not able to read series ,nfo so in MP1 I have to live with the foreign descriptions and title. Not really what I want. Or, another example. I have some (around 15) series that are not available on TVDB at all. Some are not allowed there, some are simply not existing there. Those series are available on TMDB and with .nfo files I can use them in MP2 or Kodi exactly as any series available on TVDB without the need to change the scrapper (TVDB to TMDB and vice versa)...

Indeed .nfo should always have the highest priority, if they exist as ,nfo reflects exactly what the user wants. But it looks as if the ,nfo support is OK in MP1 MyVideos.
    The only thing I'm really missing is the usage of "poster.jpg" as cover art as all other tools (incl. MovingPictures) can use "poster.jpg" for this.

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Here I disagree.
    I mean, if it's not the default behaviour.
    Today, IIRC the default behaviour for video is with MP videodatabase.
    You prefer nfo ? OK then, make MP config this way by default, without user specific adjustment... ;)
    For poster.jpg unfortunately, IIRC, MP handle only folder, for the moment... o_O but the question for management with fanart handler plugin is still open or, do it in MP is possible but at least (always my POV) doing this without fixing the backdrop url in DB before, hem... :confused:

zz1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom