"More information about artist/album" doesn't work (2 Viewers)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The GetTagInfo code is to read the tags / CD info but should not be needed any more.

I have a feeling that simply removing the whole OnInfo code in GUIMusicFiles.cs will actually solve the problem but have not had chance to check yet

Removing the code, but leaving behind base.OnInfo(iItem); results in not being able to look up the album for neither folders or files. So I don't think it can be removed :)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't know if anyone have mentioned this, but it would be nice to have same quality thumbnail in DialogAlbumInfo.xml as when browsing the album in MyMusic.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    the whole artist / album info stuff needs some care and attention. IIRC (I have only looked very briefly at this code as the actual navigation code was so complicated) the thumb is one scraped from allmusic.com and as you can see from Guns N' Roses | AllMusic the images are small to start with.

I plan on looking at artist/album info data but this is going to be in 1.3 now

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi there - I too am having this issue.

I just assumed I was doing something dumb.

Anyhow - I have downloaded Pilehave's patch but I haveno idea how to apply it.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country

A patch is a change to the source code. If you are unable to compile the MediaPortal code yourself it is pretty useless to you.

You are best off waiting for 1.2 beta where this should be fixed (once I get round to applying the fixes I am working on....)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    jameson_uk is working really hard, from what I can tell, with all the fixes being done to the Music section ATM :)

The problem mentioned in this thread, is only one of a larger sum of problems, so even if you got this one fixed, you would probably find the others and once again think that you misconfigured something, which you probably didn't!

dint10

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2010
    Home Country

A patch is a change to the source code. If you are unable to compile the MediaPortal code yourself it is pretty useless to you.

You are best off waiting for 1.2 beta where this should be fixed (once I get round to applying the fixes I am working on....)

Ahh - I see. Thanks anyway jameson_uk for your quick response. I appreciate it greatly and look forward to the fruits of your labour.

alexfon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The same problem seams to be in MP 1.3 FINAL. Can anybody confirm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom