More levels for the silver Hauppauge remotecontrol (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,
I'm trying to get the most out of my silver Hauppauge remotecontrol and found, that it is possible to work with more than one levels. As you can see in the sample-file "it is only a sample!!!" the FUNC-Key (it is the key between "Mute" and "Full") switches to another application MP Level2 in the irremote.ini and back. In these other modes (you can use every key like green, blue, red and so on) you can use a complete different keyboard-layout. Pressing FUNC in the "application" MP Level2 switches back to the application Media Portal.

Code:
[Remote]
RepeatDelay=3
MenuLoad=0	    ; use tray as app launcher

[SystemCode]
31=HCWPVR

[HCWPVR]
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
46=GREEN
56=YELLOW
11=RED
41=BLUE
12=FUNC
13=MENU
15=MUTE
16=VOLUP
17=VOLDOWN
32=CHNLUP
33=CHNLDOWN
61=GRNPOWER
31=BACK
37=OK
59=GO
60=FULLSCREEN
55=REC
54=STOP
48=PAUSE
53=PLAY
50=REWIND
52=FASTFWD
30=SKIPFWD
36=SKIPREV

[Applications]
Default=
Media Portal=
MP Level2=

[Default]
;GRNPOWER={run(shutdown.exe -s -f -t 0)}
GO={run(C:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~1\MEDIAP~1.EXE)}{mode(Media Portal)}

[MP Level2]
FUNC={mode(Media Portal)}
BLUE=b

[Media Portal]
FUNC={mode(MP Level2)}
GRNPOWER={alt}{F4}{mode(Default)}
CHNLUP={UP}
CHNLDOWN={DOWN}
VOLUP={RIGHT}
VOLDOWN={LEFT}
OK={enter}
BACK={esc}
MENU=y
0=0
1=1
2=2
3=3
4=4
5=5
6=6
7=7
8=8
9=9
RED={f1}
GREEN={PGUP}
YELLOW={f3}
BLUE={PGDN}
FULLSCREEN=x
STOP=b
PAUSE={space}
PLAY=p
REWIND={f5}
FASTFWD={f6}
SKIPFWD={f8}
SKIPREV={f7}
GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}
GO={home}
REC=
MUTE=

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    Hi,

I am interested in your fully developed ini file ;)

The new level will allow to implement the volume control, which is not possible at the moment, because the keys are needed for left / right movement.

Maybe there are other useful things to set up?

tomtom21000

A

Anonymous

Before I write my complete ini-file I have to correct some sound-problems and must setup my new TV. ;-)

But I will work on with the Hauppauge-remotecontrol.

TimmyT

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2004
    Zurich
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi,
    I used to play around with the irremote.ini file, but i've never had this idea... great!

I have a question to the following part of the irremote.ini file...
    [Applications]
    Default=
    Media Portal=
    Does the line "Media Portal=" refer to the displayed window title of MP?

If yes, wouldn't it be possible to change the MP Window name whenever you enter another plug-in of MP, for example if you enter "My Music", change the title to "Media Portal My Music" or something like that? Then it would be possible to create different sections in the irremote.ini (like surveyor with the MP Level2 section) for every plug-in...

Please tell me what you think of this idea or if i am mistaken with my assumption that the irremote.ini refers to the displayed window title...

Dantev

October 28, 2004
    Denmark
    Excellent tip...thanks.

I would also like to allocate a shortcut to call the Bookmark menu in My Video to a button on the remote e.g. green. Can anybody help with the command that needs to be allocated to the remote button?

Thank you in advance
    Dantev

Messiah

Portal Member
    August 30, 2004
    Sweden
    I'm also interested in the .ini files. Please post as soon as you put it togeather...

\Rob

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I did implement today the two levels into my Hauppauge remote control file Irremote.ini and realy love the result.
    I now can switch with the FUNC-Key between navigation (left-right-up-down) and volume & channel control.
    I did also differentiate the green power button to be either the terminate application (alt-f4) or the shutdown computer button. Works great. Now I have to find a way to switch the PC on via the remote :eek:

So here is the code I use:

Code:
    [Applications]
    Default=
    MP Level2=
    Media Portal=

[Default]
    BLUE={run(C:\Progra~1\Teamme~1\MediaPortal\MEDIAP~1.EXE)}{mode(Media Portal)}

; Following lines are for MediaPortal second level
    [MP Level2]
    FUNC={mode(Media Portal)}
    VOLUP={app(0xa0000)}
    VOLDOWN={app(0x90000)}
    CHNLUP={f8}
    CHNLDOWN={f7}
    OK={f3}
    GRNPOWER={run(C:\Progra~1\Common~1\shutdown.exe -u)}

[Media Portal]
    FUNC={mode(MP LEVEL2)}
    CHNLUP={UP}
    CHNLDOWN={DOWN}
    RED={app(0xa0000)}
    YELLOW={app(0x90000)}
    VOLUP={RIGHT}
    VOLDOWN={LEFT}
    OK={enter}
    BACK={esc}
    MENU=y
    0=0
    1=1
    2=2
    3=3
    4=4
    5=5
    6=6
    7=7
    8=8
    9=9
    ;RED={f1}
    GREEN={PGUP}
    ;YELLOW={f3}
    BLUE={PGDN}
    FULLSCREEN=x
    STOP=b
    PAUSE={space}
    PLAY=p
    REWIND={f5}
    FASTFWD={f6}
    SKIPFWD={f8}
    SKIPREV={f7}
    FUNC=m
    GO={home}
    REC={f1}
    MUTE={mute}
    GRNPOWER={alt}{f4}

Due to the fact that the recording function in MP is very different from a normal VCR, I did abuse the REC button to toggle between play list and directory list for MyMusic and MyVideo. This is what Dantev called "Bookmark menu in My Video". I also make use of the red and the yellow buttons in normal mode for vol+ vol-.

I have not tried yet to combine this with the new feature of 0.1.0.13 to distinguish between the individual program titles. This is the next step. But when working on this change I had problems with MyRadio. None of the keys defined for "Media Player" worken, and the remote was in default mode. After I changed the startup via the blue button and added {mode(Media Portal)} it worked fine. But it only works if MP was started (at least once) via the IR. So using the "mode" command in the IR init file is a workaround but no real solution. :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom