More lines/channels in EPG (1 Viewer)

Rybber

Portal Pro
October 26, 2004
Denmark
It would be great if more than 5 channels could be viewed simultaneously in TV guide.

I have no real need for the tv preview window in TV guide. How about removing it and adding say two more program lines instead?

Thanks for a great prog!

A

Anonymous

Here's an example of one that's on a digitale decoder.

telenet_portaal_epg_1.jpg

Look how tiny this pic is while it's still very readable.

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
November 30, 2004
Groningen, Netherlands
I agree. It would be really great if you could choose the amount of channels and time period you want.
When I'm programming the channels to record I do it sitting behind the computer, so a really small size works the best due to the fact you can see everything (overlap and stuff). One of the main reasons I haven’t fully switched to MP is because it’s hard getting a good overview

I think it would be a good idea to make the size control available using the skin engine, just like it is with the switching between thumbnail size. It would be nice to be able to switch and (although I don't know if this is the case with the music icons) to let the skinner decide between the sizes. This way a skinner can make a good skin specifically for people only using there TV or for people only using there computer screen.

MrMario64

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    the reason we have this height is because we can have the channel logo shown. We made it a bit higher for that reason.

Rybber

Portal Pro
    October 26, 2004
    Denmark
    Personally I don't care for the channel icons as they are darn ugly (for my country) with those white backgrounds.

How about making it possible to choose either the current view or the proposed 7 channel listing in the same way as you can display small and big icons in the video section ?

TheVideoViking

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2004
    Groningen, Netherlands
    I used myHTPC before. Although the channel-icons became really small, you could make them out. Also, navigating over the channels made the icon appear in a bigger size in the top of the screen.

When it comes to channelicons in MP, I still dont see them really well, espacially wide icons like Discovery or Veronica (0.0.0.12, maybe it's changed).

p.s. I don't want to sound overly critical, I really think MP is great work.

A

Anonymous

shouldn't this be the decision of the skinner?
    If a skinner can reorganize the epg the way he wants it to be we would see more different approaches.

my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom