More Mini EPG/Guide rows (1 Viewer)

losttown

Community Skin Designer
January 7, 2008
After using the 9 line Version for some days, I have one thing to mention:

As I asced for a 9 Line Version, I expected you would just add rows, so that the Popup Window get's larger. But if I see right,
you rezized the font.

I would prefer a larger window with the same text size of the same font size like the 5 or 7 Version :cool:

I changed the 9 mod :D

tommiejoie

Portal Member
May 13, 2009
Some nice, straightforward modding here!
Personally I dont see the point of the Mini guide when a full guide and screen in screen display is available som Ive just disabled mini guide altogether just by renaming the xml file.

akiaki

Portal Pro
September 15, 2008
Zagreb
Home Country
Croatia Croatia
tommiejoie If you have, like me, some 100 channels, over 7-8 groups, try moving quickly trough channels via full guide. how long does it take to change a group via remote?
mini epg is the only way for me to change channels, quick info on what's now and next on channels. developer of mastalayuca skin even went overboard and made full screen mini epg and I love it :)

tommiejoie

Portal Member
May 13, 2009
@tommiejoie If you have, like me, some 100 channels, over 7-8 groups, try moving quickly trough channels via full guide. how long does it take to change a group via remote?
mini epg is the only way for me to change channels, quick info on what's now and next on channels. developer of mastalayuca skin even went overboard and made full screen mini epg and I love it :)

I have a PgDn command (I think) mapped to my Hauppauge remote which, instead of moving down a single channel at a time, skips down the 12 channels visible to me. Easy peasy. Also, I dont use groups per-say, I just organise my full channel list in the order that I consider groups eg Favourites, Entertainment, Sport, News, Music. Granted I only have about 50 channels listed (I left out a lot of rubbish channels from my subscription).

unitygain

Portal Member
January 28, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
how do you bring up the mini guide in mediaportal anyway i always seem to just get the nomal guide when i try....?

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    how do you bring up the mini guide in mediaportal anyway i always seem to just get the nomal guide when i try....?

On my Harmony i press the 'PREV' button (while watching TV) which is linked to the MediaPortal command 'ChannelPrev'.
    Not sure which button it is on a keyboard, but you'll prolly find that in MP Config.

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Did you delete cache after copying the files?

I use Imon with mce mode and a harmony one: To get the miniguide I just use Enter/ok Button... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom