More than 2 tuners - working? (1 Viewer)

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
Hi, a quick question - anyone using more than 2 tuners (DVBT) succesfully?
The config throws exceptions when I try to add a third tuner.
It doesn't seem to matter which is the 3rd - i.e. I can have any 2 configured an it all works, but as soon as I add a 3rd the config app barfs.
All 3 work concurrently using 3 seperate instances of winfast dvbt app.
I should post logs as a bug report, but just wanted confirmation of anyone working first... this is latest SVN btw.

regards,
BigJ.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    3 DVB-T + 1 Analogue. MP 0.2.0.4

DVB-T all ok, Picture naff on analogue (too much snow) so do not think of using.

Hope this helps, points back to your setup, have you done the patch, i extracted my files to the TeamMediaportal folder and registered them from there, and all seems fine.

Good luck on sorting this one out.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Hope this helps, points back to your setup, have you done the patch, i extracted my files to the TeamMediaportal folder and registered them from there, and all seems fine.

Thanks for the feedback - I'll try some more.
    I did apply the multituner patch but that made no difference.

As an aside for people with compro devices - I did notice the compro T300 drivers ship with a copy of the psis..dll - not sure what version - but it's something to look out for; a driver update may undo the mtuner patch.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    5 DVB-T (NEBULA pci and usb) and one analog AIW tuner here no problem with config. 0.2.0.4 and also various SVN builds.

Didn't use the patch as I am using w2ksp4.

Which MP release are you using have you tried renaming your MP directory to OLD and reinstaling the MP and start afresh to see if this works then this would point to a problem with your original(now labeled old) instal.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
    August 13, 2005
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Thanks for the feedback - I'll try some more.
    I did apply the multituner patch but that made no difference.

After applying the multituner patch, check with Radlight Filter Manager or similar to make sure it actually "took". I never got mine to take by just running the bat file, and had to steal another file from MCE to get it to work at all. The multituner patch seems to work for most, but I never got it working for me as is.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    There are a couple of things to also check. 1 is to make sure that you have applied the PCI bandwitdh tweaks in the Tips and Tricks forum. Maybe three cards use too much bandwidth and need to share better.

Second, TV cards (especially the Compro's) need a few resources and don't like sharing. On my system I have two Compros and found the best results came after disabling all the things that I didn't need, from the BIOS. IE, Com and LPT ports and any other surplus connections. This freed up more DMA and IRQ spaces and things went a lot better.

bigj

Portal Pro
    January 10, 2005
    Hi guys,

I got it all working. It was a couple of things in the end.

1./ I did need a clean install - the initial config found all 3 cards just fine. I was also able to remove them all and then re-add them; so the problem I was experiencing with MP looks like a corrupt or out-of-date config xml somewhere.

2./ This was more subtle. Because I want to run *4* tuners from my TV downlead (3 htpc tuners + dedicated STB) I decided to by a 8x TV amplifier/splitter - note the redundancy there ;) - However, it seems the compro U3 is very sensitive and it didn't like the boosted signal (couldn't get signal at all). So I split the download prior to the 8xamp, to provide the U3 a preamp'd signal with all the other feeds going through the amp. Seems ok now. I guess the clean solution is to put a variable attenuator on each output feed or on the input.... unfortunately the 8xamp has a fixed gain.

Cheers,
    BigJ.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Hi,

Can somebody confirm...is it possible to run more than one DVB-T tuner with Media Portal 0.2.0.4, over Windows XP SP2?

The Media Portal manual says no, but this thread suggests otherwise - I suppose the manual might not have been updated.

I'm thinking of adding a USB DVB-T tuner to my Compro T300.

Thanks.

alexeix

Portal Pro
    January 28, 2005
    UK
    Thanks for the info.

On this same subject, if I'm using a DVB-T PCI card and a DVB-T USB tuner together, do I need to connect an aerial lead to each tuner?

I expect you probably would, but then again, you only need to connect one aerial to a VCR > TV.

So I'm not sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom