(Mostly) Dutch Radio Streams (1 Viewer)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi

Strugling with the installation with TV-server installed ;-)

I managed (by trial) to get two stations installed, but this is rather time consuming, I followed the instructions from "Bollie" (eg: import, grouped, and copied the icons to the folder).

Is there an easier way to accomplish this?

O yeah; how do I get these beautiful screens (By Channel/By Genre/Favorites, etc)you added into MP?

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, so as I understand it right now, if you have tv server installed, there ino way to use this in the radio section other than adding all channels one by one. :( :mad: :eek:
    The only way right now to use this is to make a folder in the 'music' section, put everything in there and play the streams (as playlists) in the 'music' section ( I guess also without logos).

It would be great if this could be automated in a plugin or something instead of only be able to add webstreams one by one...
    Or if it would be possible to point to a folder where all stream pst files are stored and make it a webstreams section within 'Radio', just like the MP version without the tv server (why is that version still available?)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I just made under the music section a directory called Internet radio and put there all the stuff in.

Now I can select under Music my cd's or Internet radio.

Works great, much easier!

userjan thank you for your work :D

Hi, maybe a dumb question but where is the "music" section found, the only "music" section found is a directory under thumbs!?

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jan,

:D for the great plugin.
    Got it running now. :)

1 issue is that the images don't match the name of the station, see attachment.
    Can you tell me if I do something wrong.

Attachments

• screenshot.JPG
      screenshot.JPG
      128.5 KB

buggertje

Portal Member
    February 6, 2008
    Doetinchem
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I just made under the music section a directory called Internet radio and put there all the stuff in.

Now I can select under Music my cd's or Internet radio.

Hi, maybe a dumb question but where is the "music" section found, the only "music" section found is a directory under thumbs!?

@ Johnnie
    in MP Configiguration (Music section) you can select a directory where youre music is located. Place all files in this directory or sub directory called Internet Radio.

Tada it's working!

suc6
    :D

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Jan,

:D for the great plugin.
    Got it running now. :)

1 issue is that the images don't match the name of the station, see attachment.
    Can you tell me if I do something wrong.

Hi,

I've been importing the .pls into the configuration of the TV-server, under the Radio section, and made sure that the name listed there is exactly the same as the jpg that you've copied into the thumbs/radio directory.

Maybe these tips will help you.

O yeah, when you want to show the jpg of the folder in MP, you've have to name the folder.jpg (which is in the package) to: folder_<name of the group in TV-server>.jpg and copy this .jpg into the thumbs/radio directory. A couple of answer before there is a link thats referring to a thread which is covering this. You may want to have a look.

@ Johnnie
    in MP Configiguration (Music section) you can select a directory where youre music is located. Place all files in this directory or sub directory called Internet Radio.

Tada it's working!

suc6
    :D

Hi,

Thanks, got this working indeed. Just copied the files.

Now I've the same issue as Doornjoostje, concerning the jpg's..... idea's?:eek:

Btw the answer on Doornjoostjes seems to be relevant only when you do the import in TV-server.

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the problems that came up with this guys, im running MP without the TV server so those problems didnt apear to me.

Im planning on loading the .pls files and there thumbs into the "streamradio" plugin, this should solve the problems with showing the tumbs, this means it would work the same for installs with and without TV server.

This also means tho that all .pls files need to be converted to XML files in the streamradios configuration, and one by one, so gonna be a nice picky litle job ;)

In a few weeks im moving to the states, as you can imagen that alone keeps me crazy busy, so i won't be able to find time for it anytime soon, when i'm settled a bit i will start working on this again.

Greetz Jan

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the problems that came up with this guys, im running MP without the TV server so those problems didnt apear to me.

Im planning on loading the .pls files and there thumbs into the "streamradio" plugin, this should solve the problems with showing the tumbs, this means it would work the same for installs with and without TV server.

This also means tho that all .pls files need to be converted to XML files in the streamradios configuration, and one by one, so gonna be a nice picky litle job ;)

In a few weeks im moving to the states, as you can imagen that alone keeps me crazy busy, so i won't be able to find time for it anytime soon, when i'm settled a bit i will start working on this again.

Greetz Jan

Hi Jan

I'm half way of importing and testing of the .PLS into TV-server radio section. Could this be benefical for you? When people helping, I mean?
    I'm not that of expert in MP yet, so this is why I'm proposing. :D

Let me know and otherwise good look with al you're preparation!
    /John

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Greetz Jan

Hi Jan

I'm half way of importing and testing of the .PLS into TV-server radio section. Could this be benefical for you? When people helping, I mean?
    I'm not that of expert in MP yet, so this is why I'm proposing. :D

Let me know and otherwise good look with al you're preparation!
    /John

Perfect John, if that does the trick, is it also portable to other users that way ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom