(Mostly) Dutch Radio Streams (1 Viewer)

Johnnie

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry for the problems that came up with this guys, im running MP without the TV server so those problems didnt apear to me.

Im planning on loading the .pls files and there thumbs into the "streamradio" plugin, this should solve the problems with showing the tumbs, this means it would work the same for installs with and without TV server.

This also means tho that all .pls files need to be converted to XML files in the streamradios configuration, and one by one, so gonna be a nice picky litle job ;)

In a few weeks im moving to the states, as you can imagen that alone keeps me crazy busy, so i won't be able to find time for it anytime soon, when i'm settled a bit i will start working on this again.

Greetz Jan

Hi Jan

I'm half way of importing and testing of the .PLS into TV-server radio section. Could this be benefical for you? When people helping, I mean?
    I'm not that of expert in MP yet, so this is why I'm proposing. :D

Let me know and otherwise good look with al you're preparation!
    /John

Perfect John, if that does the trick, is it also portable to other users that way ?

Hi Jan,

Thats where I need you're help, or from others. When I import them , I've made sure that the name in TV-Server is exactly as the corresponding .jpg otherwise the images will not show. I've now imported 50% of all. The following stuff I'm not able to cope with:
    • I don't know how to (selectivly) export them and make it usuable for others?
    • How do I setup the different views, by Genre etc etc?

Maybe somebody can give me some pointers? So I can finish this, and make it available.

/john

SMa

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 15, 2007
    Helsinki - Finland
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Thanks for this great plugin :)
    I always listen to the radio using internet streams.

Do you think it would be possible to support tho following?
    - Record radio streams (or is this possible already? haven't tried yet)
    - Schedule recordings
    - Support radio guides (if provided by the radio station)
    - Support podcasts, if provided by the radio station (eg "Net gemist" for the VRT-radioplayer, internetradio.vrt.be)

I'll be needing a plugin like this for the next 4 months,
    can we download the source code somewhere?

fboecom

Portal Member
    January 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    For those (MP newbies), with only the mediaportal client and NO radio section and NO TV Server, the installation is as follows (sorry, the previous commenters were too vague at some points concerning the relationship Configuration-Player-Directories):

1. Open MediaPortal Configuration
    2. Click the + sign next to Music
    3. Click Music Folders.
    4. Note what is the default Music folder. You or the MP install may have (added) more than one, but the default is the 'checked' one. That default directory is where the MediaPortal player Music section comes up with at first. The other listed folders in the configuration screen are accessible in the Music player, but require browsing through the parent directory.
    5. If you like to directly access the internet streams from 'Music', copying them under the default directlry is needed. You may however create them in a subdirectory under the default Music directory. That name is completely free and only means one more 'click' from the main menu. A suitable subdirectory name is 'Internet Streams'
    6. Copy or move with Explorer all PLS files&folders from the Dutch...zip into the directory you have chosen or added.

Have fun!

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for this great plugin :)
    I always listen to the radio using internet streams.

Do you think it would be possible to support tho following?
    - Record radio streams (or is this possible already? haven't tried yet)
    - Schedule recordings
    - Support radio guides (if provided by the radio station)
    - Support podcasts, if provided by the radio station (eg "Net gemist" for the VRT-radioplayer, internetradio.vrt.be)

I'll be needing a plugin like this for the next 4 months,
    can we download the source code somewhere?

It's not really a plugin, it just uses the (old) Radio Stream function of MP, i wish i understood how to program couse would love to create some stuff like that ;)

(so the package is just a collection of playlist files in wich the streams are set together with the thumb of the channel)

Atreidez

Portal Member
    January 4, 2009
    The Hague
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I installed TV server and got the same problem afterwards. No more radio tab, no more streams in My Radio section.. I don't even listen to the TV Server radio stations, and allthough its a feature I experience it as a bug. I'll try to put them under My Music so I can at least access them.

userjan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 14, 2008
    USA, Greeneville, TN
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hey thanks for the nice plugin but adding to favorites is not working??

You have to do this outside mediaportal in windows, just copy your favorit channels from the "by channel" or "by genre" to the "my favorits" folder.
    (it's not a coded plugin but a collection of playlist files that use the Radio part of Mediaportal)

I would advise you have a look at the radiotime plugin aswell, that will also play those channels and updates the streams when they change, i have no time to keep this updated, so streams might start to die at a certain point.

pcjunk

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ah ok thanks for the advise ! auto updating is a lot easier can you not making it for youre plugin?

Rayures

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    still waiting for a nice solution to make some similar as these playlist files work in MP1.1

as i do not like the radiotime plugin, but love the my streamradio v2 plugin because it is something similar is this but not mp1.1 compatible.

Right now i use the dutch radio streams files via the mp playlist or via the music folder. But both workarounds are far from ideal.

Anyone found a nice solution for mp1.1 to add internet radio stations?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom