Motorised dish system (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Is there any detailed articles on setting up a motorised dish system with mediaportal?

Currently I have 2 x fixed satellite dished pointing at different satellites. I would like to keep 1 fixed dish at astra 28.2 and use a second motorised dish to scan the sky for 13e, 19.2e and possibly more.

Kind regards.

Neil

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Neil

Is there any detailed articles on setting up a motorised dish system with mediaportal?
    No, not that I've come across.
    Is there something particular that you don't understand... or is the whole user interface completely unintelligible to you?

Regards,
    mm

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Just new to all the motorised stuff. Guy at work has a motorised setup using a technomate box. I use tbs Dvb s2 cards and mediaportal so am thinking of connecting a motor to my dish. Have seen some diseqc stuff in mediaportal and read a bit about the tbs cards able to support motorised setup. So can you drive a motorised dish from mediaportal and set the dish position, pick a satellite then scan?

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    You are in SUCH trouble - MediaPortal is fine but you're going to have HUNDREDS of channels :D.

It's the only reason I haven't set up my motorised system (oh, and I use a 36V through a SuperJack which makes it worse).

Good luck.

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Lol. Quality.

Is channel switching quick between satellites when using a motorised dish?

Will be ordering a motor etc when I get paid later in the week![DOUBLEPOST=1408299982][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol. Quality.

Is channel switching quick between satellites when using a motorised dish?

Will be ordering a motor etc when I get paid later in the week!

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Literally depends on the motor and where you're going (Hippasat to Hot Bird is around 35 degrees).

I have a (old) 36V system which is quite quick but DiSEQc tend to be slower purely on the amount of power that goes up the cable. (BUT 36V needs something like the SuperJack which is more complication.)

The satellite card normally locks on quite quickly but the dish travel time might make MP think it's not working.

Simple answer - there is no simple answer.

It IS good fun though and I bet you don't end up with massive numbers of satellites after a while. (Hey Friends in French and Home Improvement in Arabic was quite funny though.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom