motorised satellite setup help (1 Viewer)

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
2.png3.pngUntitled.png Hi i have a motorised sat set up with a twin lnb and twin sat card, so the bit i am stuck at is setting up the second card, on the first card i set up sat 1 with a tick, then enable the motor and everything works but what do i setup with the second tuner, do i tick sat 1 again and enable motor control or what ?

Thanks

Robert

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Robert

So both tuners are connected to the motor, or only one?

mm

RobTi

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi i have tuner 1 connected to the motor then the lnb and tuner 2 going straight to the lnb.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, in that case I think the best you can probably do to make use of the second tuner is to map all the channels from the first tuner (no scanning required). This would mean that the second tuner can tune all of the channels available to the first tuner when the dish is in the right location.

It would be probably also be recommended to prioritise the first tuner [which is connected to the motor] higher than the second. You do this so that tuning for regular timeshifting will be as fast as possible and should hopefully always succeed.

TV Server will attempt to use the second tuner for recording, but should kick you off the first tuner if the dish is in the wrong place after the recording attempt with the second tuner fails. It will also let you attempt to timeshift (or record) any channel with the second tuner while the first tuner is in use. In other words, you won't see channels as unavailable in the guide when the motor is in the wrong position and the first tuner is in use.

The main gotcha that I think you'll need to avoid is when you're using the first tuner for timeshifting, a recording starts successfully on the second tuner, and then you tune to a channel on a different satellite - TV Server wouldn't prevent you from moving the dish and screwing up the recording.

mm

RobTi

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks for your reply i have everything set up as you have stated, just wondered about ticking anything in the second tuner page but the way you have explained it i should be okay.

Thanks

Robert

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yeah, nothing required to be ticked on the DiSEqC motor tab as the second tuner can't move the dish.
    Just make sure you have ticked "enable DVB-S2 scanning/tuning" on the first tab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom