MediaPortal Version: 1.1.1
MediaPortal Skin: defaule bluewide
Windows Version: Win7 x64
CPU Type: i7
Video Card: GT240
Video Card Driver: 260.99
Remote: MCE
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Using single secondaty monitor, VMR or EMR, mouse cursor never hide.

DomPedro

Portal Member
November 13, 2008
Brazil
Home Country
Brazil Brazil
Same problem here :(

MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass Nova
Windows Version: XP32 SP3
CPU Type: Athlon x2
Video Card: onBoard Ati x1200
Video Card Driver: 10.2
Remote: IR keyboard
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Using MP since 1.0 but no release makes the cursor disappear on my machine ...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You are both using MediaPortal on a second monitor?

If so, it is difficult to know what is the correct behaviour.

If you use MediaPortal on your second monitor so you have play videos while you are working, then hiding the cursor would be a bug.

I don't know whether it is possible to just hide the cursor when the mouse is on the 'MediaPortal screen', and even this could be a bug if you wanted to control MediaPortal with the mouse.

In short, I suspect that this is the intended behaviour, because this is a case where there is no clear 'correct' behaviour.

Does this make sense?

Mark

PS. If you are reporting bugs, you need to post logs. Then the team can work out why this is happening, if it is actually a bug.

djonline

Portal Member
    June 17, 2010
    I use MP on ONLY secondary monitor, os primari is disabled by Win+P.
    Many GPU can't play without shuttering while selected 'extend monitor', so there is need to select only one monitor at time.

I try MP on primary monitor, mouse do not hided too. But year ago there was all ok.

I want to hide mouse after 3 second of inactivity.

djonline

Portal Member
    June 17, 2010
    I fixed this problem.
    c:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml - change <entry name="autohidemouse">no</entry> to "yes"

Dear Mediaportal, you support is fu**ing bad. Really.
    Why there is hidden option in XML and nothing in MediaportalConfiguration.exe ?? If you remove it from configuration programm, please remove it also from xml at all or ignore.
    Why 'autohidemouse' changed by himself some month ago ?
    Why there is no info in KB ?
    Why you ask logs and driver info where answer is so simple ??

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I fixed this problem.
    c:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml - change <entry name="autohidemouse">no</entry> to "yes"

Dear Mediaportal, you support is fu**ing bad. Really.
    Why there is hidden option in XML and nothing in MediaportalConfiguration.exe ?? If you remove it from configuration programm, please remove it also from xml at all or ignore.
    Why 'autohidemouse' changed by himself some month ago ?
    Why there is no info in KB ?
    Why you ask logs and driver info where answer is so simple ??

Thanks. That helps a lot :rolleyes: Remember that all the MP team member do this in their own time and the reason for asking for full logs etc. is to stop us wasting time looking at things which are not actually problems.

Anyway to answer your question, the item is still there in the config file for backwards compatibility but I have just checked and there is not a single line of code within the whole of MP that changes this value from its default of yes. Looking at the 1.1 code there is only a single place where this could have been set (in the wizard) and that has been removed from 1.2 altogether because it has bugs.

Nothing in Wiki as no-one should ever need to touch this value and certainly now there is no way for application to change it either. On that note, the wiki is new and open to everyone. If you want to help update it please go ahead.

anewn

Portal Member
    September 20, 2009
    Windows 7 location for this file is:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortal.xml

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom