Mouse-pointer wont go away. (1 Viewer)

guldbrand

March 24, 2008
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Standard Wide
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2

Hi

I would like start to give credits to this great software. :)

But, - Now I've just installed the new version of MP 1.0.0.0 on my computer (I'm using a Thinkpad T60 before a T42 - as a media player with MP). And now I can't get the mouse-pointer to go away, it's right in the middle of the screen, both when I'm in the MP-gui and when I'm playing a media-file. Of course I can tak a mouse and drag the pointer to side of the screen, but that I can't do all the time, and when a movie is done playing, the pointer are in the midle of the screen again :(
In earlier versions, version 1.0.0.0 RC4 and back, this was not a proble, there was no pointer visible, like when You maximise Windows Midia Player to full screen.
Are there a bug in version 1.0.0.0 or is there something that I've missed in setup ?

I really hope somebody can help me with this issue. :confused:

Thanx

/guldbrand

jimmy

May 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I have same issue with the mouse appearing in the middle of the screen during video playback
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: XFace 1.7
Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP2

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
I had a wireless mouse that was sending every now and then, so it was appearing in the middle of the screen. Use a different mouse and play a movie, see if it happens again. If not it's a hardware issue.

guldbrand

March 24, 2008
Hi

I have downgradet to MP 1.0.0.0 RC4 again, and now the problem are gone, so 'it's not the mouse.

/G

orphess

Portal Member
July 20, 2008
I'm also experiencing this problem ever since installing the 1.0.1.0 update. Was working fine with earlier SVN-releases all the way back to early Feb.

bryansj

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have this problem too using 1.0.1.0. It doesn't always happen though.

LGuilhas

April 19, 2009
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
I also have this problem. I discovered this great piece of SW a month ago and i'm in love with it but this bug is really getting to my nerves because the pc i use as a Media Center doesn' alway have a mouse attached. I tried versions 1.0.0 and 1.0.1 but problem is still there.Does anyone found a solution to this? Can someone tell me where to get the RC4 where this problem apparently doesn't exist? Thanks

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    AFAIK, the mouse issue seems to be some corruption in the OS, this has happened to all of us at some time or another, not sure whether a driver issue or a windows update, but always found a nice clean install of the OS does not have these problems :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom