Mouse support and skin customisation (1 Viewer)

ChrisJohn

August 20, 2015
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hello, this is my first post. I apologise for being yet another fugitive from WMC to pester you with questions. Whilst I have been aware of MP for some years I have always been a bit put off by,to my simple mind, its apparent complexity. I only really use WMC to watch and record TV and it has been adequate for my simple requirements. Microsoft's abandonment of WMC in Win 10 will eventually force me to find other ways of watching TV so I have jumped straight in at the deep end with MP2. I was delighted to find that my excellent Blackgold DVB-T2 twin tuner worked and I was up an running watching TV surprisingly quickly. My congratulations to all those who have made this excellent software possible. I am humbly grateful.

Where I am struggling is the lack of configuration options in the skins. Maybe I should have started with MP1 but I didn't! Am I missing something somewhere? MP1 has configuration options for items such as mouse support but I cannot find anything similar on MP2. I can't get the scroll bars to move on any of the skins. Likewise I would prefer to simplify the start screen just to show the media sources that I wish to use with MP2. It could be that I am just too early for the skins to be fully developed?

Any advice would be appreciated. If I should uninstall and start off with MP1 then I am prepared to do this but I am sure that MP2 will become the main programme before too long so am reluctant to go backwards. I am not a total novice having been brought up on Basic on a ZX81 and building my own setups since before the PC as such was invented and Windows was even thought of.

I should add that I do not use a remote control and am totally reliant on keyboard and mouse to control everything. I have to confess to often having TV playing in a small windows whilst I multi-task.

dfraga

Portal Member
June 8, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi @ChrisJohn, I can't help you with the configuration of the screen layout, in fact I'm curious about this too. As to the mouse and keyboard support goes, as far as I know it should be working by default. At least in the Titanium skin it does for me. I actually find it works better here with a mouse than in MP1 using Titan skin. I'm a recent convert too, so I can't offer much more than this, but hopefully someone here can add more detail. Good luck!

ChrisJohn

August 20, 2015
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Thanks,. that's interesting. On the Titanium default, the mouse works on the individual menu items but does nothing if you move it to the scroll bar on the right hand side. I'm running Win 8.1 64 bit. The keyboard support is OK. Maybe there is a setting somewhere to configure mouse support that someone will direct me to?

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nut sure, but it's possible that scroll bars in MP2 are only decorative. Mouse wheel should work.

dfraga

Portal Member
    June 8, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Mouse wheel should work.
    @osre, I think that is correct. I mostly use the wheel to scroll so I'm pretty sure that does work. Probably why I wouldn't notice the bar not working. I know with the remote I can go down, so down arrow should do it from the keyboard as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom