Movie covers in the movie info page (1 Viewer)

dpirs

Portal Member
July 5, 2005
Hi,

I've read the user manual and Wiki some time ago but coudn't find the solution onto my problem. I have seen that it has changed recently, and I appologise if it contains an answer now.

It is abot the following. I have a bunch of movies that don't get the cover picture automatically downloaded when I hit the F3 (from IMDB, Amazon or wherever). I have put the 'filename.tbn' file in the film folder, and the picture is displayed nicely in the browsing screen. But when I display the movie info screen (F3) I get nothing or some false movie covers that were automatically downloaded.

How to get my 'filename.tbn' in the movie info screen too?

Thanks

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

try using Setup->Movies->Database
    You can edit the entries there, and hopefully also the path to your picture. Other possibility could be to use the SQLLite Browser, which can be found in the docs directory.

Currently I am also not pleased with the coverart lookup.

Flip

dpirs

Portal Member
    July 5, 2005
    Thanks!

I was trying to access the 'Coverart' tab in the 'Movie Database' configuration option the last few days but I always get the same errror message as soon as I open this tab, and configuration closes after that.

Error message (I didn't konw how to put image here):
    "Failed to locate assembly 'Core.Xml.Serializers, Version=1.0.2176.40647, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    Note that the configuration program must be executed from/reside in the MediaPortal folder, the execution will now end."

Configuration.exe is of course in the MediaPortal folder.

I have even deinstalled MP and installed the RC2 version (without any CVS), and still get the same problem.

I would make the completely new installation of MP, but am afraid that I will loose all the settings. If anyone knows what causes this error mesage to appear, please help.

dpirs

dpirs

Portal Member
    July 5, 2005
    OK,

I've read the forum, installed the newest CVS and the configuration.exe is working properly now.

But, in coverart window is not possible to type the path to the local picture file that shoudl be used as coverart. It accepts only URLs.

The same is when I edit the database with SQLLite Browser.

I have seen that there is "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\videos\Title" folder where coverart is stored. But some of the files have a strange name (that end with L, like 'filenameL.jpg). When I have tried to play with them I messed up some of mine coverart files ('filename.tbn' and 'folder.jpg' files).

Does anybody know any other solution, or I (we) have to live with that until some programmer makes an improvement?

Regards,

dpirs

0degreez

Portal Member
    November 29, 2005
    Hi,

If you are going to edit the database manually you need to fill 5 tables (movie, movieinfo, path, file and actors(only for director)), also if you want u can edit the genre(only once) and genrelink(per movie), in the movieinfo the strTitle is used for the coverart (thats why u can't use this chars in this field * \ / : ? ' ), so in the folders are filename.jpg and filenameL.jpg, the first one is for the List, Icons and Big Icons views and the other(i think) is only for the movie info big coverart...

For example:
    u put in ur movieinfo table in the strTitle field, Stealth
    u will have 2 files in the thumbs/video/Title folder: Stealth.jpg and StealthL.jpg and if u have the tables with the correct rows u will see the movie cover in the Title view in My Videos

I hope this helps u...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom