Movie database doesn't work!! (2 Viewers)

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
sorry, I forgot to ask you for the related log entries. Could you inclose the log files in your previously attached zip archive. No urge.
I will look at the whole stuff next week

cheers

JoeDanzer

September 15, 2006
First off I just want to say, Thank you so much for making a plugin for XMM for Media Portal. I have been keeping a database of my movies in XMM for a couple years now and it is roughly around 4500 movies now. I would love to be able to display my collection and all the information in media portal. I used to have Meedio but unfourtunately it is no longer supported. :( Your plugin looks just like the answer to all my problems.

I am using the newest version of XMM and when I try to use your plugin I am getting the same error as Robytex. I would be happy to assist you in getting this plugin up and running. I know a lot about computers but absolutely nothing about programming. If there are any resources I can gather for you or any files that I can send you to help you test this out please let me know.

BTW I am using WinXP home and the newest ver of media portal and xmm.

thank you so much for your time and efforts.

-Joe Danzer

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
Your log file shows nothing out the ordinary. Is there a configuration_error.log in your folder?

I've tried to reproduce your problem following the quick modus operandi described in your first post (I use the 0.2.0.4 version)

1) fresh mediaportal install, in Configuration->movies->movie database->editor, add an AVI file in 'files', enter a title name in 'title'->title, press lookup, press save
2) same as above except that movie info is manually filled
3) replaced my videodatabasev5.db3 by yours, in Configuration->movies->movie database->editor->'files' changed your movie file names+paths by mine
4) same as above except the movie filenames are replaced using sqlite3.exe (did not run Configuration at all)

Everything works flawlessly out of the box in these 4 situations. And your database seems not to be b0rken.
The first picture is related to situation 1) and the second one to 3) & 4)

Can you elaborate a bit how you fill your database entries (a kind of step by step check list when you're in Configuration->movies->movie database->editor).

Make sure that each Director in your databse appears in the Configuration->movies->movie database->editor->'Actors'->Available Actors (odd but it's like that). Same goes for the Genre (Configuration->movies->movie database->editor->'Genres'->Available Genres)

EDIT to JoDanzer, I'm in no way involved in this plugin. I didn't even have a SVN access. I'm just another user trying to help.

robytex

Portal Member
September 4, 2006
Here is my step sequence:
1-open setup program e select movie database
2-click on editor tab and new to enter new title
3- enter every field
4- go to actors and enter names
5- go to genre and enter some fields
6- return to main tab pressin TITLE, SAVE and OK to exit.

then.....my problem.
I had verified what you said and all the Directors are listed in the
actors field.
TIA
Robytex

reagan+carter

Portal Pro
September 6, 2006
Nantes, FR
Sorry but it works as expected here. I've had a quick look at the Configuration tool code, the one which fills the movie database, and everything seems to be in order. There must be something seriously wrong with your data. Maybe retry from scratch (one last time) with the 0.2 vanilla version if you can. Then upgrade to 0.2.1 if everything is fine.

If you're sure this is a bug then fill in a bug report in the appropriate forum section and see if other people (test team) are able to reproduce it.

I'm sorry to not being able to help you out more on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom