Movie Importer: No Matches (1 Viewer)

frankenmatze

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Mittelfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all, I think moving pictures is really great.

I´m importing my Movies via the "Movie importer" and having many movies "Waiting for close match approvals" (actually, first time I was waiting hours until this approvals would happen... but nothing happend :) ).
    Actually, I have many movies with clear names which are not matched like "You Dont Mess with the Zohan " or "Invasion 6.1" which it doesn´t find. Any idas?

By the way, I´m using "ofdb.de" and then "imdb.com" as data sources.

By the way: how do you play a movie? Pressing "Play" or pressing "OK"? I sometimes have trouble playing a movie and do not get an error message.

Furthermore, I get for one movie multiple entries. Sometimes one in german, one in english, sometimes both in the same language.

I do not know if this has got something to do with it.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Some of what you are describing is just limitations of the ofdb.de website. For example if you goto the site and do a search for "You Dont Mess with the Zohan" it returns zero results. Which is why it returns zero results in the plug-in, it uses the same search web service. I am a bit surprised ofdb.de can't handle this, but it is after all the english title and not the german one. So it does not surprise me too much. Over time perhaps we will add a new German data source that returns better results than ofdb.de for English titles, but for now I am not sure what can be done. :( In the mean time, for movies that no or incorrect results are found I would suggest trying a different search string. There is a button in the Movie Importer to do this, it looks like a little refresh button.

As for the "Waitng for close match approvals..." message, that means it was waiting for input from you! Moving Pictures will try to auto approve matches it feels very confident about but in some cases it is just not sure. This is usually indicated by a little blue icon with an "i" inside (indicating the need for information). You will want to select the appropriate movie from the drop-down and if the correct movie is not there, you'll need to re-search by a different title (possibly the german title?).

As for the duplicates, this is a known bug and should be fixed in 0.6.4, which will be released later today actually.

And finally for playback, both the enter button and the play button should start the movie from the movie details screen under normal circumstances. MediaPortal can be a bit sluggish sometimes to start a movie though. Sorry about that but it is pretty much out of our hands. Moving Pictures just passes a file to MediaPortal and let's it take over. Maybe we can look at a "Starting in progress..." message though.

If you have some movies not playing though this may indicate an issue with your codecs, which is way beyond the scope of Moving Pictures. This is a general MediaPortal configuration issue.

frankenmatze

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2008
    Mittelfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thx a lot for your answer.

Actually, it´s ok, when the german database doesn´t find movies with english titles, but I have configured imdb as a second database, so why doesn´t retrieve the data from there?

Another suggestion: german Umlaut (like ae ==> ä) are not supported. File Names are normally written like ae, but in the database, you have to look them up as ä.

The play-issue: I tried in moving pictures, nothing happend - the same file in MyVideos worked.

So, I´m looking forward for updates... I´ll test them!

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    At first I had a similar problem. Would wait forever and only 2 or 3 of my iso movies would be found .
    I keep movies as full files in one subfolder.
    Went to Advanced Settings and under "local media parser" changed the value for "prefer folder for single part movies" from true to false. Now about 85% of my movies are correctly identified and 100% found.
    With True in the field, Movies only looked at the folder title, not the file title.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom