Movie migration to NAS by editing SQL database (1 Viewer)

lauzon

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I am trying to move all my movies to my NAS by editing the SQL database file.
I changed following fields:

Local Media: Full path (UNC), Import path ID, Media Label (cleared), Volume Serial (cleared)
Import Path: Path (UNC)

This approach worked perfectly when I moved all movies from external harddrives to my local raid, some time ago. No rescanning occurred. This time, all movies get rescanned and I would have to manually match and edit just much too many of them again.

Do I have to alter some more fields in the database? Someone has an idea?
Cheers

P.S. Moving pictures is amazing!

Moving Pictures 1.8.0.1607
MediaPortal 1.8.0

lauzon

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
i did that a year ago, if i remember correctly i used

UPDATE criteria SET value = REPLACE(value, 'oldRoot','newRoot');

This is exactly how I changed all the fields I mentioned in my previous post. Problem is, it seems only to work with changing drive letters/hd paths. When I change it to a network path, moving pictures rescans the movies.

There must be a field, that I have to change additionally. I can not find it.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    HDD paths get volume info stored, which does not work on UNC paths. Perhaps look there?

If you had just added the new path/drive as new import path, then moved all the files over, then MovPic would have auto-updated all the path references automatic without any SQLite editing required. Once all is moved over you can delete the old import path.

lauzon

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HDD paths get volume info stored, which does not work on UNC paths. Perhaps look there?

If you had just added the new path/drive as new import path, then moved all the files over, then MovPic would have auto-updated all the path references automatic without any SQLite editing required. Once all is moved over you can delete the old import path.

I did try that, problem is, it does not seem to work with the DVD folder structure. When moving data like mkv files, everything is fine - no rescanning. But all my DVDs (800+), they get rescanned - my guess is because there is no FileHash for DVDs in the database. For this reason I came up with editing the database some time ago and it worked perfectly then, when only moving from local drive to local drive.

Regarding your suggestion of the volume info: I imported a couple of movies regularly on the NAS, just to compare the fields in the database. And as you suggested, there is no volume serial stored. Also the "Media Label" field is empty, that is why I cleared them both. These are my altered fields:
    Local Media: Full path (UNC), Import path (ID), Media Label (cleared), Volume Serial (cleared)
    Import Path: Path (UNC)

There must be a field that I am missing! I can not find it!

EDIT: Just found out that only movies without the File Hash have (understandably) the problem. Strangely nearly all of my movies with a DVD/Blu Ray folder structure, are missing the File Hash. All movies with File Hash are moved in the database correctly.

Does somebody know if there is a way of recreating the File Hash?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom