Tools and other software Movie Preparer - A tool to batch- tag mkv files with given XML Tagfiles. (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.

I've done a little Tool named Movie Preparer to tag MKV Video Files with given XML Tagfiles. You can use Tiny Media Manager to generate those tag- files if you use the also attached Template file. After that you can use Movie Preparer to write those Metatags to your Video files. This is done really fast by mkvpropedit.exe without remuxing your files. The App is fully localized (English and German language files included, you can easily add your own language files, it's plain text) and tags a whole directory (with unlimited layers of sub- directories) at once. It's easy to use as you only need to specify folders where xml files are in and the folder containing your videos. Then press OK and there you go.

Before the first run you can specify a different path to mkvpropedit.exe and choose the language you want.

AutoIT Source Code is included.

Attachments

• MatroskaTagsXml.7z
      688 bytes
    • MoviePreparer.7z
      2.1 MB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You need to place (extract) the folder "MatroskaTagsXml" next to all other tMM template files/folders. As per default tMM is NOT installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)" it can be found in "c:\Users\"Your User Name"\AppData\Roaming\tinyMediaManager\templates\" (replace "Your User Name" with the real name you used upon installing).
    Then you can start tMM, add your movies as normal. If all metadata is like you want it, then you can "export movie list" by right clicking on the selected movie(s) you want to tag.
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

In the following requester you can choose "Matroska Tags Template" and the folder you want to copy the XML files to.
    Zwischenablage-2.jpg

Then hit export and inside the choosen folder there is a new folder "movies" with all the xml tag files in. Right now we can't change the output path inside tMM so that's why we need to add the xml files from a single directory to the mkv in different folders...

When you've done this you can use MoviePreparer and point it to the folder with the xml files and the folder with your mkv to tag, hit ok and the mkv files are properly tagged, based upon the data from tMM.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ah, ok! The mistake was, that i've extractetd the three template files (.jmte) into the the template folder, not the folder "MatroskaTagsXml". Big Thanks for your effort!

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, tMM has exportedt some .xml files into a folder ->

Bild_001.jpg ,

but my movies are stored in another folder and the movies have different names ->

Bild_002.jpg

Must i write the tags into the mkv for each movie separately?

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    You need to configure tMM's renaming feature to fit your naming scheme. (Or let tMM rename your movies first ;) ) Then the XML will have the same name as your MKV and you can tag them at once.

For tagging single files you can use MKVToolnix, so no need for MoviePreparer at all in this case...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,

ich habe ein Problem mit dem Moviepreparer. Es kommt immer ein Fehler bei "line 1844".
    In der Ini-Datei ist ein Pfad zur FFMpeg.exe angegeben, die aber nicht mit im Paket war. Ich habe FFMpeg zusätzlich installiert und den Link dann manuell in der ini gesetzt. Der Fehler bleibt aber bestehen. Betriebssystem ist Win7 x64.

Attachments

• Fehler.jpg
      Fehler.jpg
      28.1 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Das ist ein Fehler in einer externen dll, die vom Programm benutzt wird. Es gibt keine "Line 1844" im Quellcode. Diese "falsche Fehlermeldung" kommt daher, das die DLL, die für das EInlesen der Verzeichnis- Struktur zusändig ist, nicht mit UNC Pfaden klar kommt. Wenn du (temporär, falls nötig) deine Medien-- Ordner per Netz- Laufwerksbuchstaben einbindest, verschwindet dieser Fehler.

Nachtrag;
    FFMpeg ist für MoviePreparer nicht notwendig. DIe Config Option ist ein "Überbleibsel" von einem anderen Programm. Ich sagte ja, ist noch nicht ganz auf Hochglanz poliert.

Ach, übrigens ist das hier das Englische Forum, so please continue in English or start another thread in German forum, thanks.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As I've started development of MKV Buddy "Movie Preparer" is obsolete. So no more support or development for this program. I want to thank all who had used this tiny tool and I hope it was useful at least a bit.

MKV Buddy did not need extra .xml tag files, it tags directly from the existing .nfo files. I believe this is a step forward. You can find MKV Buddy here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mkv-buddy-tool-to-help-handling-of-videos.127297

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom