Movie Subtitle Size (1 Viewer)

Ge0force

December 14, 2005
I'm new here, so hello to everyone! :D

I installed mediaportal a few days ago and it's a great program, just what I need!

But I have one problem: I need to have subtitles with my XViD movies, so I installed VobSub (I guess this is needed to show subs in MediaPortal or am I wrong?. Subtitles ARE displayed, but I can't set a fixed size for them.

What I mean is: in VobSub, I've set subtitle font to 22. This is perfect for a movie that's 16:9, but when playing a widescreen movie subtitles ore way too small! When I play a fullscreen movie subtitles are huge!

Isn't there a way to keep the size of the subs fixed, regardless the size of the movie?

Greetz,

Ge0force

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this fixes your problem, but there's a separate section in the Setup (under Movies) to configure subtitles. There, you can also adjust the size of subtitles.

Kind regards,
    Michel

ojo

Portal Member
    September 19, 2004
    Ulstrup, Denmark
    Sorry, no !

At least the old tv/video-engine (don't know about the new one) places the sub-titles on the image before the re-scaling to screen is done.

Henc on a good resolution movie you'll get a different result than on a poor resolution movie. Same goes for different screen-resolutions.

The solution would be to convince the programmers to place the sub-titles on the image according to the re-scaling.

But, sorry no, thats not the case right now !

Ge0force

December 14, 2005
    scoop said:
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this fixes your problem, but there's a separate section in the Setup (under Movies) to configure subtitles. There, you can also adjust the size of subtitles.

Kind regards,
    Michel

What exactely does this setting affects? Has Media Portal an own subtitle renderer or are these settings passed to vobsub?

ojo

Portal Member
    September 19, 2004
    Ulstrup, Denmark
    Ge0force said:
    What exactely does this setting affects? Has Media Portal an own subtitle renderer or are these settings passed to vobsub?

I believe that the setting are sent to the Vosub Rederer..... The problem is that the MP renderer does resizing AFTER the Vosub renderer, thereby effectively destroying any hope for a "simple" solution.

mbb

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2004
    Home Country
    France France
    I have a very good result with using ffdshow subtitle ability.
    You have many interresting settings like dynamic size

To do that uninstall vobsub and enable subtitle in ffdshow.

It's solved also accent common problems.

Ge0force

December 14, 2005
    Thankx m8, I'll try that! :D

Another question: is there a possibility do to a "custom" pan scan like BsPlayer does? That way it's possible to zoom in on WideScreen movies so they are 16:9. With mediaportal, pan scan zooms in at 4:3 and that's a little too much zoom for me... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom