Movies deletet are not removed?? (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Okay I still can not reproduce this issue, but we have enough people reporting the problem, I went ahead and created an issue on our bug tracker. If you have any further feedback I would strongly encourage you to post over there rather than here. What I really need is log files though from a time when this appeared. So if for example you have MediaPortal running in the background, you move a file, and then notice there is now a duplicate, shut down mediaportal and post those logs from that session. If Media Portal is not running and you move a file, then start up again and notice duplicates. Shut down and post those logs.

Also if everyone that is experiencing this issue could post the following, it would be incredibly helpful:

1) Version of both MediaPortal and Moving Pictures.
2) Operating System used.
3) As much details as you can provide about the import path containing the file that is duplicated or not removed.

And again, further info you have please post here if possible.

onyx666

Portal Pro
September 26, 2008
i noticed that it does not do this behaviour for all my movies.
Now when i frist installed it a scanned al movies with imdb as source. For a number of movies i did a rescan while they were still in the confirmation list with moviemeter as primary source. Might this cause the problem (so somewhere it stores them twice ?)

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    it looks like it works now...
    But for one movie i still have problems.. strange, it keeps 1 version of it always.
    i can change the name, and it will delete one version, and make a new, but never removes the old duplicate one..
    Must be a local bug in my database..
    ill manu delete it now, and then i think all will be fine from here :)

thanks..

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Okay I still can not reproduce this issue, but we have enough people reporting the problem, I went ahead and created an issue on our bug tracker. If you have any further feedback I would strongly encourage you to post over there rather than here. What I really need is log files though from a time when this appeared. So if for example you have MediaPortal running in the background, you move a file, and then notice there is now a duplicate, shut down mediaportal and post those logs from that session. If Media Portal is not running and you move a file, then start up again and notice duplicates. Shut down and post those logs.

Also if everyone that is experiencing this issue could post the following, it would be incredibly helpful:

1) Version of both MediaPortal and Moving Pictures.
    2) Operating System used.
    3) As much details as you can provide about the import path containing the file that is duplicated or not removed.

And again, further info you have please post here if possible.

Still not working in 0.6.4

1> MP 1.0 MoPi 0.6.4
    2> MS Vista Ultimate 32 bits
    3> D:\VIDS\HD_FILMS\MirrorMask\

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can you post any log files of when you try to delete the file? Is it deleted while MediaPortal is running or while it is not running? Does the movie always stay there even after restarting MediaPortal?

And most importantly, logs? I can only speculate unless you give me something to work with.

Justchill

Portal Pro
    February 25, 2008
    Brugge
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Can you post any log files of when you try to delete the file? Is it deleted while MediaPortal is running or while it is not running? Does the movie always stay there even after restarting MediaPortal?

And most importantly, logs? I can only speculate unless you give me something to work with.

yes the movie stays there after restarting MePo.
    It is deleted when MP is not running.
    I'll post some logs when I'm home..

tebba

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi, im just wondering if it works now.

I have a network server with my movies on. Imagine me adding them all, and then later remove some of them.

So im just wondering (haven't tried it): Will they be deleted AUTOMATICALLY from the database/in MovPic in MP ?

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    They should be deleted automatically yes.

tebba

Portal Pro
    November 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So moving pictures scans through every folder every time it starts?

or do you have to press a "update" button?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom