Movies "disappear" suddently and have to be re-imported (1 Viewer)

usualsuspect

Portal Pro
May 12, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
unfortunately I do see exactly the same behaviour. My movies are located on a WesternDigital USB2 external drive, the htpc sleeps in s3 and on a more or less regular basis all of my movies are deleted from datebase. I tried to avoid this behaviour by linking in the usb-hdd as network drive and giving the unc path to moving pictures but unfortunately the did not go better... I could post some logs, but I think that it's exactly the same issue...

Best regards,
usualsuspect

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi i'm one of the devs that was reponsible for a large portion of the importer logic. I have reviewed your problem and updated the issue accordingly. Please check the issue again and download the supplied file to test out whether it solves your problem.

stevious

February 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm unfortunately still experiencing the same issue, even after applying the updated cornerstone.dll file posted in Google Code. It seems to be caused by the same issue as described previously: my home theatre PC comes out of S3 suspend, but all my movies are stored on an external USB 3.0 RAID 5 box, and sometimes this box can takes 10-15 seconds to come back online after the PC has resumed. By this time, Moving Pictures has decided that the path is no longer accessible and starts removing the database entries. I'll attach a log file that demonstrates this.

I'm thinking that a couple of configuration options may be viable solutions to this issue. One would be to forbid Moving Pictures from automatically removing the database entries for missing media. Another would be a user-definable delay period after resuming from suspension that causes Moving Pictures to wait before performing a media import scan (this would allow slower devices to come back online).

I can cause this issue to happen easily enough (it happens every few times I come out of suspend) so I'd be more than happy to test any solution. :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I can cause this issue to happen easily enough (it happens every few times I come out of suspend) so I'd be more than happy to test any solution. :)

Can you try it again with debug verbosity log mode enabled, and providing *ALL* log files in a zip file. The resume/standby stuff is done by MediaPortal and perhaps in your case other plugins are interfering. MediaPortal has a build in shortcut added to your start menu to provide this zip file.

stevious

February 4, 2013
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the delay in replying (and I do appreciate your fast response - thank you!). Since posting my last message, I switched the logs to be in debug mode, but I was also playing with Scythe42's fixes for MediaPortal 1.4.0. Since then, I haven't actually had any movies go missing out of the Moving Pictures database, despite many repeated attempts to induce the problem! I'll keep an eye on things and post an update if the problem reappears, but for now, so far so good! :)

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ofird, are you sure the fixed dll is still in place? there has not been an official release with the fix yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom