Movies filter and 3D (1 Viewer)

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
January 30, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi All
I know this issue has come up before however from what I found don't appear to fix my issue..

I am trying to exclude 3D movies which do have 3D in the name from Recent and all movies list but
if I put in the filters to exclude Files containing 3D it don't work..

I have tried several way but still get the same issue..

I am trying to exclude 3D movies from normal lists and get a 3D category working to any show the 3D movies..

I don't appear to be able to get a new category to show as well..

Can anybody give me some hint or point me in the right direction..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    MovPic config -> GUI Settings -> "Define Movie Categories" button -> select "All Movies" -> "Edit Filter" button -> "all" needs to be used for drop down selection (if u have multiple foders to exclude) ->

"Full path" -> "does not contain" -> "3D"

and that's it. *ONLY* add exclusion rules in this scenario, because if you add inclusion rules then the 'all' would never apply to any movie (probably why it failed for u before, unless you added it wrong)..

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
    January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you RoChess

I tried several way which I thought would be correct but none worked.. What you posted appears to work well so far.

Thank you..

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Thank you RoChess

I tried several way which I thought would be correct but none worked.. What you posted appears to work well so far.

I use it myself, and have like 7 exclusions to the "All Movies" category and other dynamic ones. And then I have 7 custom categories that do the reverse so I can still access those movies, but in a place that I cointrol. That way the 'kids filter PIN code' for example is more effective when you have company over and repurpose the kids filter to exclude say R+ rated movies, but then do not want adult movies to show when you browse the "All movies" overview :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom