Movies from all locations in one Network Share (1 Viewer)

Klept

Portal Pro
January 9, 2007
Utah
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Howdy all.
I have a couple HDD's that have movie folders. I want MP to look at them all as inclusive and show me all the movies w/o having to navigate multiple folders (Network shares) ie:

d:\MyMovies1
and
g:\MyMovies2

I want to be able to UNC into one location and see all the movies asif they are in one folder. \\mymachine\allmovies

Any thoughts? I tried junction.exe and it would work if you could set points from two locations into one. :)

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Such products will probably not exist, because they are inherently logically flawed: How about double file names?, what to do when you save a file to the shared junction? etc.
Have you considered the movie database (or one of the ant movie collector driven plugins) and use another view than the shares one?

Klept

Portal Pro
January 9, 2007
Utah
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Have you considered the movie database (or one of the ant movie collector driven plugins) and use another view than the shares one?

What do you recommend? I'm pretty new to MP.

I did find the "Mount" drive option in XP. It lets me mount a drive to a empty folder on a second drive. I donno.. I'm confused looking at this.. :D

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

What do you recommend? I'm pretty new to MP.

I did find the "Mount" drive option in XP. It lets me mount a drive to a empty folder on a second drive. I donno.. I'm confused looking at this.. :D
You can have a lot of "shares" or folders, stuffed with video's in MP. Just add them in setup-my video-folders. If you tick one of them, that will be the standard place where MP will start. Then you can go up and view all shares.

Alternatively, you can create a small database with all the movie's on your HDD's. Go to the setup-video-database section to try it out. Once the database is filled (it's some work, but you only do it once), in MP you can use other views, so you won't see a list of folders, but a list of movies, sorted by year, name, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom